National long-term Expert for Innovation and Technology
the German International Cooperation (GIZ) to implement part of the Sustainable Regional Economic Growth &
Investment Promotion (SREGIP) Program in Indonesia as a joint implementation program between GIZ and BAPPENAS.
GFA is seeking a qualified candidate for the position as National long term Expert for Innovation and Technology (I&T)
who will be based in the SREGIP Office Jakarta with frequent travels to West Kalimantan and West Nusa Tenggara Province.
The one-year contract, with possibility of extension, commences immediately.
Key tasks of the I&T Expert will include:
1) Support the National Project Coordinator to manage the overall activities under the SREGIP Program,
2) Provide specific input in the field of Innovation and Technology within the selected value chains tourism, pepper and rubber,
3) Provide strategies in value chain promotion, especially with regard to improving the provision of business services and
innovation and technology in the selected value chains.
4) Advise to and capacity development of service providers, e.g. in the set-up of embedded service schemes within
the selected value chains.
5) Develop project concepts to upgrade value chains together with anchor investors and lead companies and partnership
formats between public and private sector.
6) Improving the access to knowledge and information by using new technologies and innovation, as well as support
the introduction and dissemination of technologies.
7) Initiate the cooperation with national and international applied research and technology institutions and networks as well as
support the development of demonstration projects to facilitate the introduction of innovation.
8) Support the dissemination of information, good practices and success stories in different media regarding the successful
introduction of innovation and technologies.
9)Analysis of key issues related to the business environment related to the value chains, business services and innovation
10) Support the development of policies and instruments to foster an environmental sustainable development in the selected
11) Support the development and implementation of programs and gender-specific measures using gender-
sensitive planning and budgeting procedures.
12) Support the SREGIP Principle Advisor and project team in preparing and adapting the plan of operation in the field of
Innovation and Technology
Key qualifications of the National long-term Expert for Innovation and Technology includes:
§ Academic degree in relevant fields (Business, Economics, Technology, etc.)
§ At least 7 years of relevant work experience, preferably including experiences in the private sector relevant
to the selected value chains and in international organizations.
§ Profound knowledge of value chain development and business services and excellent knowledge and experience
in the field of innovative technologies and technology transfer in SMEs and smallholders.
§ Strong networking skills and access to key national and international research and technology transfer institutions
in the selected value chains.
§ Experience and knowledge of specific conditions, bottlenecks as well as upgrading potentials and technical
solutions in the relevant value chains tourism and/or pepper and rubber is desirable.
§ Extensive experience in public-private and multi-stakeholder approaches at national and local level.
§ Capacity to work in a team and to keep the project aligned with the entire programme
§ Proven ability to initiate and implement partnerships with a wide range of stakeholders.
§ Track record of cooperating successfully with different actors in the private sector.
§ Extensive business networks and experience in cooperating with large / international companies with a focus
of integrating SME and smallholders in VCs
§ Excellent facilitation skills as well as communication/ writing skills in both Bahasa Indonesia and English.
Please send your application and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org before February 21st, 2015.