Swisscontact promotes economic, social and ecological development by supporting people to successfully integrate into local commercial life. Swisscontact creates opportunities for people to improve their living conditions as a result of their own efforts. The focus of its systemic intervention in the private sector is the strengthening of local and global value chains. Through its projects, Swisscontact works to enable access to professional training, promotes local entrepreneurship, creates access to local financial service providers and supports the efficient use of resources with the goal of successfully promoting employment and income generation.
The foundation is based in Zurich, Switzerland, and is active in 29 countries and has some 750 employees.
For our Sustainable Cocoa Production Program (SCPP) in Indonesia, we are looking for a
Field Coordinator (4 months)
The SCPP is a large Public Private Partnership (“PPP”) in Indonesia which has started in January 2012. The Program is financed by the Swiss Secretariat for Economic Affairs SECO, The Sustainable Trade Initiative IDH, the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, and five Private Sector Companies from the cocoa sector for the duration from 2012 – 2015. The Program works directly with 60,000 cocoa farming households in six Indonesian Provinces to improve farm productivity and livelihood conditions.
The MRM Manager is responsible for the management of Program Monitoring, Result Measurement, and Evaluation activities. This includes, but is not limited to, the organization and management of data collection, surveys, analysis and validation of MRM data and information, compilation of Program activities and results, provides information into reports, and supporting the Head of Support Services and the Regional Managers with periodic Program reporting.
Begin of Employment : October, 16th 2013 or as agreed
Place of Duty : 1. Field Coordinator --> Padang-Tanah Datar (4 months)
- Field Coordinator is responsible for management of the District Cocoa Clinic (DCC) with support and collaboration with District Government and other stakeholders under the direction of SCPP Regional Program Manager and management.
- Developing and implementing of Internal Control Systems (ICS) for the DCC and for all Smallholder Cocoa Enterprises (SCEs) in the District.
- To support DCC Management and related District Government Departments.
- To support farmer groups and SCEs with ICS implementation and certification procedures.
Communication, Supervision, and Report
- Provide regular field monitoring reports of Farmer Field School activities, farm evaluation and rehabilitation, farmer groups/SCE activities to District coordinator and Cocoa Production Component Manager.
- Keep close contact and coordination to the farmers/farmer group and local government in their working area
- University degree, preferably with post graduate qualification
- Understanding of opportunities and constraints for sustainable development.
- Strong sense of responsibility and control
- Good interpersonal skills and commitment working in a team
- Skills in computer, software systems (windows, spreadsheet, word processing, e-mail, internet.)
- Presentation skills in English and Bahasa Indonesia.
- Excellent English skills written and verbal.
- Minimum of six years experience in the relevant field (included two years on management level)
- Previous experience in managing project operation and staff
- Previous working with one of NGOs
- Experience of writing narrative and financial report
- Experience of planning and managing budget
- Experience of risk mapping & Capacity Assessment on a local level.
- Experienced in ICS and Certification
Please submit your application letter addressing the above qualifications and experience with your curriculum vitae on 04 October 2013 at the latest to:
Application should be directed to:
Swisscontact-SCPP, Human Resource Department
Emilia Syadriah, Komplek Taman Setiabudi Indah, Jl. Chrysant Blok E No. 76 Medan 20132, Tél. +62 61 8229 700