Save the Children is an international non-profit organization that focuses on the fulfillment of children’s right. Save the Children was first established in May 1919 in the U.K. and to date has 28 Save the Children Offices and operations in more than 120 countries worldwide. Currently, Save the Children work in 11 provinces with a variety of program areas, such as: Education, Health and Sanitation, Livelihood, Child Protection also Disaster Risk Reduction.
Now we are looking a position of:
Program Officer Communications and Community Mobilization – ANCP & SETARA (code: POC-AS), 1 position - based in North Jakarta
To inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and in line with our theory of change, Save the Children aims to be a credible and powerful voice for children; because of this and in support of the marketing/fundraising elements of our approach, we know that behavior change communication, and community outreach and mobilization are critical to Save the Children success.
The Program Officer Communications and Community Mobilization will work with the Senior Project Officer as well as Project Manager on the communication work of the ANCP – SETARA Project and will support programs to develop and deliver communication and community mobilization strategies, also produce quality communication products.
The post holder will support enabling programs to generate and make effective use of communication and media – either related to local stakeholders, nationally and/or globally– to help raise awareness of ANCP – SETARA’s work, shape attitudes, influence decision-makers and help to inspire people to get involved in our cause – helping children in need in the North Jakarta and Belu area.
The Program Officer Communications and Community Mobilization will develop and implement communication and community mobilization strategies that are ambitious and creative and coordinate the delivery of these strategies in a collaborative manner.
The post holder will work alongside program teams and Communication Department at Country Office to organize events, identify and generate story opportunities, s/he will react to major breaking stories, develop regular newsletter, IEC Materials, and fact sheet, write newsworthy press materials (press releases, case studies, media briefings), s/he will also push out press messages on key social media networks, such as twitter and Facebook.
Communications Indonesia Country Office
· Manage all the behavior change communications/community mobilization and logistics elements of events organized by the ANCP – SETARA Project, in regards with the project sensitizations and awareness raising work, donor visits, employee engagement activities, community engagement activities, PR related events and others as required.
· Write and edit case studies, success stories and work with graphic designers and videographers to promote the successes and activities of the programs within the ANCP – SETARA and/or Save the Children’s Indonesia country office through the quarterly newsletter, fact sheet, Xtranet pages, Save the Children micro sites, brochures/marketing materials and other SCI newsletters.
Communication and media work in emergencies
· If requested, to be deployed as an information and communications officer
· Support deliver quality communication and media work in emergencies, based on Save the Children guidelines on communication in emergencies
· Timely dissemination of media products to key media contacts in an emergency
Communication and community mobilization support to programs
· Support programs in developing and implementing communications, community mobilization and media capacity, including standard communications deliverables, media products, spokespeople and social media as well as community mobilization and engagement strategies
· Coordinate and facilitate journalists’ visits to Save the Children programmes
· Lead in the production of communications and media products for significant events and dates, cutting across all sectors
Networking and partnership
· Develop and maintain partnerships with media, communities and relevant stakeholder
· Represent the ANCP – SETARA Project in national networking/coalitions meetings when required
· Degree or equivalent in communications, public relations or related areas
· At least 4 years experience in communications, media, event management or public relations in a nonprofit organization or private sector or relevant experiences.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Bahasa Indonesia
· Ability to work fast, effectively and independently in often high pressure environments, working across a number of teams to deliver high communications output.
· Sound grasps of different communication tools.
· Good understanding of choosing media to undertake campaigns and advocacy work.
· Sound understanding of the major economic, social development and poverty issues as well as child rights issues in Indonesia.
· Experience in working in multicultural environment,
· Innovative and creative approach to problem solving.
· Commitment to Save the Children values.
· Experience of, and willingness to travel in the country, sometimes at short notice and for extended periods of time
SCI Values Practice
1. To carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures
2. To carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures
Updated CV and application letter should be sent to Recruitment.Indonesia@savethechildren.org
Please fill the “subject” column of the e-mails in this format: code of the position <…> - your name <…>.
Closing date for application is 6 October 2013
(Only short-listed candidates will be notified)
Save the Children encourages qualified candidates to apply regardless of religion, race, gender, sexual orientation or disability
All recruitment practices and procedures reflect SC’s commitment to protecting children from abuse