The World Agroforestry Centre (also known as ICRAF) in Southeast Asiais the region’s leading agroforestry research-in-development organization whichgenerates science-based knowledge about thecomplex role trees play in agricultural landscapes and rural livelihoods. Aspart of the Centre’s work to bring tree-based solutions to bear on poverty andenvironmental problems, researchers – working in close collaboration withpartners – are developing new technologies, tools and policy recommendationsfor increased food security and ecosystem health.
The Centre’s headquarters are located in Nairobi, Kenya, and researchis conducted in 34 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America. We aresupported by the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research(CGIAR) and receive funding from over 50 different donors.
To learn more about our organization, pleasevisit our website: www.worldagroforestry.org
About the position
Under the guidance of the Information Flow Unit (IFU) Leader, theposition will assist the SEA program for designing and layout of ICRAF SEApublications, managing the image gallery and assisting communication workswithin IFU and SEA Regional Office.
Detail job description is attached.
· MinimumBachelor degree (S1) in Graphic Design, or equivalent qualifications andexperience.
· Good skill forcomputer and graphic software (i.e. MS office, Corel draw, Publisher, QuarkXpress, Adobe page maker, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat and MS Access).
· Minimum of 3years experience in desktop publishing work.
· Experience withphotography and photo editing; knowledge of photo editing software is anadvantage.
· Demonstratesinitiative, explore the creativity designing principles, skills and otheraspects, i.e. graphics, images, etc. and have high accuracy on any details.
· Excellentinterpersonal skill and work well in teams of diverse people.
· Able to meetstrict deadlines, good time management and work on multiple task simultaneous.
· Good spoken andwritten English.
Terms of offer
The World Agroforestry Centre is an equal opportunity employer andoffers a collegial and gender-sensitive working environment. We believe thatstaff diversity promotes excellence and strongly encourage applications from qualifiedwomen. This is a national position and will be for a period of 4 (four) months.
How to apply
Applications for the position must include:
- A cover letter illustrating your suitability for the position againstthe listed requirements and salary expectations.
- Detail curriculum vitae, including names and addresses of threereferees, including telephone, fax numbers and email addresses.
All correspondence should be addressed to the Human Resources Unit,World Agroforestry Centre (ICRAF) Southeast Asia Regional Office via email: email@example.com and should indicate “Applicationfor Desktop Publisher” on their application letters and email submissions.
Applications will be considered until 12 August 2016or until a suitable candidate is identified and selected. Please note that only short-listed applicantsmeeting the above requirements will be contacted.