Hivos Southeast Asia is a Dutch non-governmental organization guided by humanist values. It aims at structural poverty alleviation with a strong focus on civil society building and sustainable economic development. Hivos Southeast Asia provides financial support for local NGOs, is active in networking, lobbying and exchanging knowledge and expertise. For its Hivos Southeast Asia (Hivos SEA) seeks qualified Indonesian candidates for the position of:
Title : Finance Officer ISEAN Hivos
Duty Station : Jakarta, Indonesia
Duration : One year, with possibility of extension subject to good performance and funding availability
Report to : Finance Controller Hivos SEA
The Islands of Southeast Asia Network on Male and Transgender Sexual Health (ISEAN) and the Humanist Institute for Co-operation with Developing Countries (Hivos) jointly implemented the ISEAN Hivos Program supported by Global Fund Round 10. The Program is called: “Strengthening Community Systems to Reduce Vulnerability to and impact of HIV Infection on Males having Sex with Males and Transgenders in the island of Southeast Asia”.
This program has the main goal of reducing the risks, vulnerability and impact of HIV and AIDS on the lives of MSM and transgender community in Island Southeast Asia Nations. It intends to address critical gaps in supporting and scaling up activities that reduce HIV/AIDS among MSMs and TGs.
The Finance Officer ISEAN Hivos position is part of one or more programme or project teams and ensure the compliance regarding donor requirements in the primary process: results, budget and development of proposals and contract (implementation).
The Finance Officer ISEAN Hivos Works in partnership with: Grant Officer and coordinates with: Program Officer, Training Coordinator, Administration Officer implementing partners, national stakeholders.
Roles and responsibilities
- Lead in the internal finance operations tasks of the PR-PMU, including cashier and procurement duties, including preparing daily accounts, bookkeeping and financial reports for the project, coordination with GO.
- Lead in maintaining accounting records and preparing financial reports, including PUDR, EFR (Enhanced Financial Reporting), OSIRIS, Accurate systems, in close coordination with the GO;
- Assist the OAM in arranging payments and logistical requirements for the PMU staff travel, PMU-organized activities and other needs;
- Lead in communication with Hivos Head Office in finance related matters;
- Maintain and monitor office petty cash.
- With the GO, Provide advice to RPD on budgetary and financial matters;
- With the GO, liaise with RPD in disbursing grants to program implementers;
- With the GO, review, revise and develop Phase 2 fiscal and administrative policies and ensure that these policies are applied in daily practice;
- With the RPD and GO, develop and implement the financial processes for the IHP Phase 2;
- With the GO, ensure that adequate internal controls are in place that are compliant with Hivos and GF requirements;
- With the GO, ensure budget tracking, sound financial management, including programmatic budgeting, quarterly spending projections, monthly spending reviews, and monitoring of payments;
- With RMEO and SPO and in coordination with the GO, monitor the achievement of indicators, including program achievement and budget expenditure, and ensure that variance analysis is conducted, and prepare the PUDR.
Knowledge, experiences and competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related fields. A graduate degree will be considered as an advantage;Experience with project and programmme monitoring and evaluation.
- At least 2 years’ experience in accounting and financial records management, preferably in an NGO setting.
- Well versed in Excel and other accounting software.
- Preferably with experience working with Global Fund Programs or other developmental organizations or international NGO.
- Good communications skills preferably with fluency in written and spoken English.
- Familiar with Progress Update and Disbursement Request (PUDR).
- Capacity to work well within a team, in a multi-country context.
- Familiarity with the concerns of MSMs and TGs in the South East Asian context.
What do we offer?
An inspiring and dynamic working environment, dedicated colleagues and the possibility to work for an ambitious new international initiative.
How to apply?
To apply for this position please submit your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com no later than 31 May 2016.
This is an opened position at national level.
Please specify the position name you are applying for (‘Finance Officer ISEAN Hivos’) in the ‘subject’ line of your email. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
For more information about Hivos Southeast Asia, visit https://hivos.org/.