KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), still the second most deadly infectious disease in the world. KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has a strong reputation in national and international TB control. KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB. As a non-profit international organization, KNCV is active in over 40 countries in Europe, Africa, Latin America and Asia. The central office is located in The Hague, The Netherlands. KNCV Indonesia helps to combat tuberculosis in Indonesia in close cooperation with the Ministry of Health.
KNCV is the lead partner in Challenge TB (CTB), the new USAID-funded 5-year global program to decrease TB mortality and morbidity in high burdened countries. We lead an international consortium with eight partner organizations: American Thoracic Society (ATS), Family Health International (FHI 360), Interactive Research & Development (IRD), Japanese Anti Tuberculosis Foundation (JATA), Management Sciences for Health (MSH), Program for Appropriate Technology in Health (PATH), The International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union), and the World Health Organization. The overarching strategic objectives of Challenge TB are to improve access to quality patient centred care for TB, TB/HIV, and MDR-TB services; to prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms.
Currently KNCV is looking for a:
(Temporary Maternity Cover with possible extension)
Duty Station: Representative Office
The Temporary Programme Secretary will support all sort of the correspondence, communication and administration of the program both internally and externally (stakeholders, donor, partners) in order to make the program implemented smoothly.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Provide secretarial and administrative support
- Preparation, implementation and reporting of activities and events of the project as requested by Director of Technical Services.
- Preparation: prepare the budget, arranging venues/activities (together with travel assistant), arranging invitations, compiling materials, arranging equipment for activities/events, recording participation of activities/events, organizing meals and refreshments.
- Implementation: participate within the activities/events for taking notes, organising for payment and recording of per diems and other expenses.
- Reporting: after activities/events need to prepare the expenses report together with the supporting document then report to direct supervisor and finance.
- Establishing and maintaining an activities/events calendar, meetings to be attended by Country Director, Operations Director, Director Technical Services and technical staff (if required).
- Arranging Travel and accommodation for Country Director, Operations Director, Director Technical Services and other parties like donor/project team members as requested. This includes assistance in the arrangement for international travel (course, workshop).
- Prepare expenses Report and compiling the supporting document for settlement of visit such as field visit conducted by Country Director, Operations Director and Director Technical Service.
- Assist Technical staff on submission of various request and follow up with Admin and Finance departments.
- Adhere to KNCV and Donor rules and regulations in carrying out duty.
- Recording incoming and outgoing letters/memos, including filing and distributing to the relevant parties (hard copies and soft copies in shared folders).
- Recording, filing and monitor all reports (activity report of staff, consultants). (hard copies and soft copies in shared folders)
- Support the preparation of letters.
- Arrange meetings and appointments, including meeting room, distribute materials for meetings, ensure the preparation of the necessary, participate in the meeting and taking minutes meeting (MT, SMT, Program meeting).
- Compiles data, completes forms, and carries out other tasks related to administrative aspects of program activities as assigned.
- Liaise with admin department in ensuring all necessary supports to implement program activities are provided correctly and timely. Including coordinate with travel and logistic assistant to arrange purchase request for the program and other activities.
- Coordinate closely with the Travel Coordinator on Fleet Coordination to provide travel arrangements to support program activities.
- Remind and request to partners for any travel notification that need to be notified to USAID regarding consultant’s mission.
- Responsible in sending travel notification to USAID after approval from country director or director technical services.
- Responsible to record all the travel notifications of consultants, CHALLENGE TB staff, and arranging their schedule including arranging field visit facilitation to CHALLENGE TB sites, hospital/ other institutional.
- Coordinate with NTP, partners and USAID for any arrangement needed such as field visit or any other activities.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Diploma Degree in secretary or management.
- Minimum 3 years working experience as an administrative staff or secretary.
- Fluent in English oral and written.
- Expert in operating MS Office.
- Good communication skills.
- Good networking skills.
KNCV offers a flexible and supportive work environment and strongly encourages developing your skills and abilities to further your career opportunities.
Interested applicants are requested to submit their CV and application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 24 May 2016 at the latest
Please ensure to put the post you apply for in the subject line of your e-mail.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.