CWS Indonesia – Jakarta Office
Protecting Urban Refugees through Empowerment + Program 2016
CWS Indonesia (www.cwsindonesia.or.id) is an international relief, development, and refugee assistance agency that has been operating in Indonesia for many years under an agreement with the Ministry of Social Affairs. CWS Indonesia is the field office of CWS, Inc., headquartered in New York. CWS assists the most vulnerable, regardless of their religion, race, ethnicity, or gender.
CWS is implementing a BPRM-funded program in Jakarta that assists unaccompanied children refugees/asylum seekers to access basic needs and basic services such as shelter, health care, and provides skills training and education programs.
JOB SUMMARY: The Health Officer is required to support CWS in the implementation of Protecting Urban Refugee through Empowerment (PURE) Plus Project specifically in health related field and activities. The Health Officer should report to Senior Program Officer – Health and Deputy/Program Manager for all types of reporting and communication concerning the project. Give advice in the areas related with Health issues concerning the refugees/POC when required. The position also requires coordination/ communication with all CWS Programs staff. An ability to be flexible in working with refugees and as part of team is essential.
- Having minimal background (S1) in Public Health, Medical or relevant field.
- Minimum 2 years experience in medical services, preferably in refugees context
- Good communication of both spoken and written English
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision and to handle multi tasking jobs
- Able to work in a team and work harmoniously in a multi-cultural environment
- Experience working with INGO or International environment is beneficial
- Willing to travel/visit to project site
- Willing to spend most time at the field to assist refugees and emergency situation
- Having experience in managing medical services and medical assistance
- Able to handle first aid services and health emergency cases
- Able to interact and communicate with wide-range of stakeholder (Medical institutions, NGO networks, government institution and refugees)
- Willing to prepare and provide the capacity building/training of health promotion and nutrition for staff and refugees
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to motivate/counsel both staff and refugees
- Having experience in assisting refugees is an advantage
- Ability to organize data management
- Having a skill in writing, reporting, and documenting is essential
HOW TO APPLY :
Applications should include a cover letter, reflecting motivation; a CV, Including three references; expected gross salary and contact number, the latest on 24th June 2016. Please send applications in MS Word format (maximum 200KB) to firstname.lastname@example.org