Disability Rights Advisor-Indonesia
IFES is currently implementing the General Election Network for Disability Access (AGENDA2) project, funded by the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT), in Indonesia. AGENDA is a regional network that brings together disabled people’s organizations (DPOs) and civil society organizations (CSOs) throughout ASEAN countries to promote political participation and accessibility. This project aims to improve access to political and electoral opportunities for persons with disabilities in Indonesia and throughout Southeast Asia. To achieve this goal, IFES Indonesia seeks a part-time Disability Rights Advisor to provide technical advice on the overall AGENDA project. The consultant must have familiarity with the political rights of persons with disabilities and elections. Position is contingent on project funding.
· Provide technical advice in developing and implementing AGENDA activities.
· Support AGENDA partners in Indonesia and other countries in the region to identify strategies and formulate plans for implementing AGENDA activities.
· Liaise closely with DPOs and CSOs in the ASEAN countries and other regions and support the ongoing working relationships with relevant stakeholders.
· Provide technical advice on electoral and political rights for persons with disabilities.
· Offer expert guidance from a human rights perspective on activity implementation.
· Conduct trainings on the political and electoral rights of persons with disabilities.
· Minimum 5 years working experience in international environment, with significant experience in implementing democratic development projects, disability related project and international program management;
· Familiarity with and commitment to inclusion, diversity and right-based approach to development and disability;
· Demonstrated knowledge of the political context and electoral procedures for different types of elections, as well as experience working with voters with disabilities;
· Extensive experience working with civil society organizations, specifically disabled peoples organizations;
· Experience training organizations/people on the electoral rights of persons with disabilities;
· Strong organizational skills;
· Excellent communication skills; and
· Fluency in written and spoken Bahasa Indonesia and English.
Interested candidates may send their application to:
firstname.lastname@example.org latest by 21 December 2015
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
No phone inquiries.