The Indonesia Urban Water Sanitation and Hygiene (IUWASH) project is a sixty-month program (2011 – 2016) funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and implemented under the leadership of DAI. IUWASH works with government, the private sector, NGOs, community groups and other stakeholders to improve access to safe water supply and sanitation in Indonesia’s urban areas. The overall goal of IUWASH is to assist the Government of Indonesia (GOI) in making significant progress in achieving its safe water and sanitation Millennium Development Goal (MDG) targets by expanding access to these services.
To achieve the above, assistance provided by the project is divided under three main technical components, including:
- Mobilizing demand for WatSan service delivery;
- Improving and expanding capacity for WatSan service delivery; and
- Strengthening policy and the financial enabling environment for improved water supply and sanitation service delivery.
To achieve these objectives IUWASH need high caliber incumbent to fill the positions of
GRAPHIC DESIGNER, based in Jakarta Office (GD-JKT)
- Available immediately
- 5 months contract (January 2016 – May 2016)
The STTA - Graphic Designer will work at IUWASH National Office in Jakarta under close coordination with Program Communications Team and is responsible for providing technical assistance in graphic design and layout for IUWASH publications legacy.
- Comply with the ADR 320 Branding and Marking Guidelines of USAID IUWASH Style Guide for reports and publications;
- Provide graphic design and layout of IUWASH Regional Best Practices Booklets and IUWASH Signature Programs Booklet;
- Provide assistance in design/layout of IUWASH Toolkits on Urban Sanitation and Climate Change Vulnerability Adaptation Program;
- Layout of IUWASH Lessons Learnt Books;
- Provide other creative assistance as requested by Program Communications Team.
1. IUWASH Regional Best Practices Booklets (four editions);
2. IUWASH Signature Programs Booklet (one edition);
3. IUWASH Urban Sanitation Toolkit (consist of five books);
4. IUWASH Climate Change Vulnerability Adaptation Program Toolkit (consist of two books);
5. IUWASH Lessons Learnt Book on Gender Mainstreaming Program for WASH Sector;
6. IUWASH Lessons Learnt Book on PDAM Efficiency Energy Program;
7. IUWASH Lessons Learnt Book on PDAM Customer Communications Forum;
8. Other creative publications as necessary.
- Bachelor Degree in Graphic/Visual Communications Design or related social studies;
- Minimum 5 years experiences in graphic design or visual work with proven portfolio;
- Preferably has experienced on development projects (with USAID projects will be valuable);
- Possess willingness to learn new issues on water, sanitation and hygiene sector development;
- Able to produce all materials in high quality format and provide quality control;
- Able to liaise and coordinate with printing vendor to ensure final stage of production;
- Team player and has interpersonal communications skill.
Posting and Reporting Relationships
The STTA – Graphic Designer will work at IUWASH National Office in Jakarta. S/He will report directly to the Program Communications Associate and closely coordinate with the other members of Program Communications Team on his/her daily tasks.
Interested applicants are invited to send a complete application with 3 references toIUWASH_recruitment@dai.com before December 20, 2015. Please write the job CODE in the subject line of the email. We regret that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.