ILO is looking for a suitable candidate for the position of Admin and Finance Clerk. More information is as follows:
24 November 2015
Admin and Finance Clerk
Deadline for application:
04 December 2015
ILO Better Work Indonesia
3 months with possible extension subject to funding availability
Expected starting date:
01 January 2016
For any questions related to this post, please contact:- Ms Hermawaty Misnan, Admin/ HR Assistant, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Better Work programme is a unique partnership between the International Labour Organization (ILO) and the International Finance Corporation (IFC). The programme involves the development of both global tools and country level projects that is being implemented in Cambodia, Vietnam, Lesotho, Jordan, Haiti, Nicaragua, and recently extended to Indonesia with initial funding provided by the Government of Australia under the Australia-ILO Partnership Agreement 2010-2015.
The Better Work Indonesia (BWI) project aims to improve working conditions and respect workers’ basic rights in Indonesian apparel enterprises by promoting compliance with the provisions of the Indonesian labour law and regulations and international core labour standards. The project will also promote productivity and competitiveness of enterprises in Indonesia that are linked to the apparel global supply chains, with an initial focus on the apparel industry in the Greater Jakarta area, with a view toward expanding to other industries and geographic areas. The focus is on scalable and sustainable solutions which build cooperation between government, employers’ and workers’ organizations, and international buyers.
BWI will implement the following strategy:
· Replace duplication of social audits with independent enterprise assessments on voluntarily participating enterprises that are recommended by the international buyers;
· Provide enterprises with advisory and training services, as well as capacity development for the national stakeholders; and
· Ensure long-term sustainable solutions supported by the Government, employers’ and workers’ organizations, and the sustained engagement of international buyers
For more information about the programme, see www.betterwork.org.
This position involves providing general administrative/financial support to the operation of Core Service Team (Enterprise Advisors), including communication to the clients.
Supervision and Guidance
The Administrative and Finance Clerk works under direct coordination/report of the Senior Enterprise Advisor with close collaboration with Senior Finance and Admin Assistant of BWI.
1. Maintain office administrative files and official records. Search and select relevant information and records for officials upon request.
2. Prepare payment voucher for project request and maintain records of such payments both in paper and electronic file.
3. Communicate with clients – factories and buyers under supervision of supervisor
4. Receive visitors, place and screen telephone calls, and respond to routine requests for information.
5. Update information on announcement board with information of staff missions/leave and incoming missions and other official information such as workshops and seminars.
6. Draft routine correspondence on administrative matters from oral instructions, previous correspondence or other available information sources in accordance with standard office procedures
7. Maintain petty cash for operational of core service team, under supervision of Sr. FinanceAssistant
8. Classify and code material relating to a number of subject-matter areas.
9. Make travel arrangements, hotel reservations and type travel authorization forms.
10. Assist in procurement of office equipment and supplies. Maintain and update the inventory records of non-expendable equipment.
11. Provide administrative support for meetings, seminars and/or workshops
12. Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Education Completion of secondary school education, supplemented by a secretarial /administration diploma
Experience: Two years general clerical work.
Languages: Excellent English and Bahasa
Remuneration: General Service Level 3 of the UN common remuneration system and/or commensurate with the qualifications and competency of the selected candidate.
a. Proven ability to use General Microsoft Office software and email.
b. Ability to use other software packages required by the work unit.
c. Proven typing abilities.
d. Knowledge of office administrative procedures and of clerical practices.
e. Knowledge of in-house procedures for the preparation of documents and administrative forms, and for the use of filing systems.
f. Ability to reply in an appropriate manner to work related inquiries.
g. Ability to work well with colleagues.
h. Ability to organize own work.
i. Ability to evaluate correspondence and inquiries for best course of action.
j. Ability to obtain services from other work units inside or outside the office for completion of tasks.
Application – Qualified women and men are encouraged to apply. Only qualified candidates will be notified. Please submit application indicating the Vacancy Announcement Number along with your CV and 3 references to:
INTERNATIONAL LABOUR OFFICE
Email : email@example.com
Only qualified candidates will be notified.
The ILO promotes opportunities for women and men to obtain decent and productive employment in conditions of freedom, equity, security and human dignity