RTI International is one of the world's leading research institutes, dedicated to improving the human condition by turning knowledge into practice. Our staff of more than 3,700 provides research and technical services to governments and businesses in more than 75 countries in the areas of health and pharmaceuticals, education and training, surveys and statistics, advanced technology, international development, economic and social policy, energy and the environment, and laboratory testing and chemical analysis.
ENVISION is a U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) funded project aimed at providing assistance to national neglected tropical disease (NTD) programs for the control and elimination of seven targeted NTDs including lymphatic filariasis (LF) and soil-transmitted helminthiases—roundworm, hookworm, whipworm (STH). The broad objective of the ENVISION project in Indonesia is to improve the health of the LF and STH endemic communities by supporting the National Program in its implementation efforts utilizing standardized and internationally approved strategies, including support for implementation and capacity development. ENVISION’s goal is to contribute to the global goal of reducing the burden of targeted NTDs so that they are no longer a public health problem.
RTI International – ENVISION Project is seeking for highly qualified Indonesian candidates to fill the position of:
Finance and Administration Assistant
The ENVISION Indonesia Finance and Administration Assistant will support the project in various aspects of finance, operations and administration. This position is based in Jakarta, Indonesia and will report to the Finance and Operations Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Supports the Finance and Operations Manager in recording andretrieving financial details including maintaining financial records,processing payments, cash handling, budgeting and reporting.
· Assists the Finance Officer to maintain and input accounting datainto the accounting system with accuracy, as needed.
· Supports the Finance Officer to review payment claims, prepare andprocess check requests, which includes ensuring purchase orders, receiving and invoices are matched.
· Maintains local audit file, including filing of general ledger journalvouchers, accounts payable documentation, and other miscellaneousfinancial filings.
· Assists the Finance and Operations Manager during year-end cutoff processes for payments.
· Works with the Grants Specialist to enhance and improve grantsmanagement processes and increase efficiencies.
· Assists the Technical Team and the Grants Specialist in collecting supporting documentation and financial information from grantees, ensures timely transfer of funds to grantees, and maintains log of grantee funds transfers; tracks cost-share inputs from participating districts in ENVISION activities.
· Works with Finance Officer and Grants Specialist to ensure timely financial disbursements to grantees upon submission of approved deliverables.
· Assists the Grants Specialist in reviewing grant budgets, work plansand activity;
· Travels to selected districts for supervision and training of NGOs as needed.
· Maintains and updates project property and equipment inventory management
· Assists with arranging logistics such as travel arrangement, accommodations and per diems for conferences, meetings and other events.
· Provides support for organizing events, including booking venues, issuing invitations, and preparing materials and meeting notes.
· Collecting and tracking staff documents such as time sheets, leave requests, leave approvals, etc.
· Performs all other duties as assigned and required.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Accounting and at least 1 year of experience in financial and operations administration and reporting.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Demonstrated knowledge, skills, and/or experiences in finance administration and reporting, accounting transactions, budgeting, and ensuring compliance of internal control systems;
· Familiarity with US Government Rules and Regulations; Knowledge of donor funded programs, particularly of USAID’s;
· Strong ability to work in a multi-tasking and team-oriented settings;
· Knowledge of accepted accounting practices and principles;
· Proficiency in QuickBooks and Microsoft Office systems, especially Excel;
· Possess strong database skills, detail oriented, organized and able to meet tight deadlines;
· Self-motivated, results driven, prefers to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment;
· Effective interpersonal communication skills;
· Past working experiences for USAID’s health project is preferred;
· Fluency in English is a plus.
Interested candidates should submit their application letter and CV with 3 referees to email@example.com by February 19, 2016.
RTI values equal employment opportunities. Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.