The USAID project Prioritazing Reform, Innovation and Opportunities for Reaching Indonesia’sTeachers, Administrators, and Students (PRIORITAS) is focusing on capacity building and quality improvements for teacher training institutions (TTI) and for non-academic, pre-serviceteacher training providers. PRIORITAS is building the capacity of schools and MoEC, MORA national, provincial and district offices together with pre- and in-service teacher training organizations to coordinate, plan and train.
On 2014, PRIORITAS has distributed varoious books to 550 PRIORITAS partner schools and will distribute more books to 10,000 non PRIORITAS partner schools starting 2015 until 2017.
The PRIORITAS is currently seeking qualified individual to fill the position
These positions will be based in:
Aceh (Kabupaten Pidie dan Pidie Jaya)
The Program Assistant's responsibilities will include:
- Supports Technical Coordinator and Logistic Officer in monitoring book distribution to each school within his/her districts.
- Coordinate with District Coordinator (DC) in planning and facilitating meetings with local governments, schools, and other institutions to support book distribution and dissemination of PRIORITAS programs.
- Make sure that book distribution process in his/her district run properly and timely
- Closed coordination with DC in providing ongoing support for PRIORITAS schools and in supporting schools, districts and other institutions in implementing PRIORITAS programs through dissemination.
- Closed coordination with DC in organizing activities and doing administration work in District level especially for book distribution and Reading Program.
- Together with DC develops and maintains effective communication with stake holders at district/city, sub-district, and school levels including Office of Bupati, Bappeda, Office of Education, Office of Religious Affairs (Kandepag), DPRD, Dewan Pendidikan, CSO, and local media.
- Support DC in collecting best practices and provide reports from district regarding program implementation and opportunities/challenges of education management at district level.
- Other tasks assigned by Provincial Coordinator.
- Have at minimum education at the D3 level, preferably in education or social science;
- Have at least one year of work experience in the education/community development sector, education planning and finance including school based management;
- Have capacity to establish and/or extend district network;
- Be computer literate and master the following software packages: Microsoft Word, and Excel and e-mail.
- Have good work ethic and strong desire to complete tasks in a timely manner as directed.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize work assignments, and work well under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to appreciate international diversity and to establish effective working relationships with international clients
- Commitment to basic principles of equity and to broader RTI ethical guidelines.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications not later than February 19, 2016 to:
All candidates are requested to write down the position and name in subject line of email and specify their availability date in the CV.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.