Tanoto Foundation(www.tanotofoundation.org) is a not-for-profit foundation which strives to be a center of excellence for facilitating and improving access to quality educationand to empowerment opportunities that contribute to poverty reduction. The Foundation currently runs a number of philanthropic programs in Indonesia ranging from scholarship, teachers training, school improvement programs, research support, to small business development. Tanoto Foundation is currently looking for a Field Finance and Administration Officer (based in Riau). Please find details for both positions below.
Field Finance and Administration Officer
The Field Finance and Administration Officer (FFAO) is a mid-level position based in the Foundation’s Regional Office in Pangkalan Kerinci, Province of Riau. This position is responsible for the overall financial, administration and operations of Tanoto Foundation’s various programmes in Riau and liaises with the Head Office in Jakarta. The FFAO will provide oversight of internal control system and procedure, operational accounting, financial reporting, auditing, purchasing and office administration. She/he will be working under the direction of Head of Finance and Administration (HOFA) and Regional Programme Manager (RPM) in Pangkalan Kerinci to ensure effective use of resources in compliance with Foundation’s regulations.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Field finance and accounting:
- Review and process invoices from supplier and payment request from Programme Staff to ensure accuracy of information, tax implications, proper authorization and allocation to budget components, and complete documentation in accordance with Foundation’s internal procedure.
- Manage petty cash to support field operations, including review and process payments for office utilities and perform adequate controls over petty cash fund.
- Track financial transactions and payments made by Jakarta Office to ensure prompt payment of invoices.
- Perform the accounting control and procedure including prepare monthly report on bank statement reconciliation, manage account payable (A/P) and account receivable (A/R) locally to ensure aging of both A/P and A/R are conducted and liquidation of outstanding advances are done in timely manner.
- Assist the preparation of program budgets and monthly forecast.
- Provide training and mentoring for Program Staff on policies and procedures and implement best practices.
- Office administration:
- In coordination with RPM, manages administrative functions in the regional office such as staff attendance, office security, office supplies, logistical support and transportation.
- Collect and administer timesheets from regional staff to be approved by RPM on monthly basis.
- Collect and review medical claims and travel expenses prior submission to Jakarta office for further processing.
- Collect, calculate and verify the monthly overtime claims from office driver prior submission to Jakarta office for payment.
- Maintain efficient filing system for project administrative and financial documents.
- Purchasing and inventory management:
- Coordinate purchasing activities to ensure accountability, transparency and value for money for the Foundation, including identify potential suppliers, manage supplier database, collect price quotations, prepare bid analysis, release purchase order to selected supplier and monitor the timely receipt of goods/services.
- Prepare draft purchase agreements, contractor agreements or letter agreements including relevant supporting documents.
- Manage Foundation’s fixed asset, office inventory and project materials by conducting routine physical count, improve the functioning of stock card and produce periodic inventory reports.
- Coordinate with RPM and Program Specialist in organizing the procurement of construction services to ensure transparency of the bidding process and accountability of its documentation, including conduct due diligence for the potential contractors, assess the feasibility of budget and offered quotations.
- Conduct inspections to project sites to verify compliance.
- Implement audit recommendations.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors as necessary.
- Other functions:
- Manage regular and productive communication with other FFAO’s in Rantau Prapat and Jambi, as well as Finance and Administration Office in Jakarta office.
- Proactive issue management and problem-solving to ensure improvement of office operations and field finances while also to enhance compliance and better workflow.
- Perform any other duties that maybe reasonably assigned by the Supervisor, including provide assistance for other FFAO’s while she/he is not in the office or due to the heavy workload in certain regional office.
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Accounting or Public Administration.
- At least 8 years of well-rounded working experience in accounting, finance and office administration; previous working experience in development organization or non-government organization is not a must but is desirable.
- Knowledge on Indonesia taxation or having experience in working with tax-related transactions will be an advantage.
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy and organized in work.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion especially with regards to sensitive or confidential personnel or organizational matters.
- Proficient in MS-Office especially MS-Excel and MS-Word, MS-Outlook applications.
- Fair level ability to communicate in English, both spoken and in writing.
- Ability to multi-task and keep track of concurrent deadlines.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team and communicate effectively with diverse cultural and multi level of staff.
- Proactive, trustworthy, accountable and demonstrate ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Willingness to take on variety of tasks that may be required to ensure efficient operation of the business.
- Willing to travel to project sites.
The position is based in Pangkalan Kerinci, Province of Riau but from time to time may be required to travel to project sites (up to 30% of the time).
Should you meet the above requirements and interested to apply, email your comprehensive resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.