KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), still the second most deadly infectious disease in the world. KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has a strong reputation in national and international TB control. KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB. As a non-profit international organization, KNCV is active in over 40 countries in Europe, Africa, Latin America and Asia. The central office is located in The Hague, The Netherlands. KNCV Indonesia helps to combat tuberculosis in Indonesia in close cooperation with the Ministry of Health.
KNCV is the lead partner in Challenge TB (CTB), the new USAID-funded 5-year global program to decrease TB mortality and morbidity in high burdened countries. We lead an international consortium with eight partner organizations: American Thoracic Society (ATS), Family Health International (FHI 360), Interactive Research & Development (IRD), Japanese Anti Tuberculosis Foundation (JATA), Management Sciences for Health (MSH), Program for Appropriate Technology in Health (PATH), The International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union), and the World Health Organization. The overarching strategic objectives of Challenge TB are to improve access to quality patient centred care for TB, TB/HIV, and MDR-TB services; to prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms.
Currently KNCV is looking for a:
Technical Officer – Laboratory (4 posts)
Duty Stations: North Sumatera, West Java, Central Java, East Java
The Provincial Technical Officer – Laboratory will provide technical assistance to Provincial Health Office/Provincial Health Laboratory/Balai Laboratorium Kesehatan Propinsi to enhance TB Lab services, networking and quality assurance at the provincial level.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Provide technical assistance at provincial level on TB Lab Strengthening Program, networking and external quality assurance.
- Provide technical assistance in the implementation of GeneXpert and other new TB rapid diagnostic tools where necessary and monitor the progress.
- In coordination with Senior TO Lab in RO, assist in the development of TB Laboratory guidelines, SOPs, forms and other documents as necessary in line with international practices.
- Assess whether microbiology test for TB diagnosis are carried out in accordance with TB Laboratory guidelines.
- In coordination with Senior TO Lab in RO, facilitate training on TB Lab techniques such as microscopy/culture/DST at provincial level, etc.
- Improve performance of external quality assurance on TB microscopy/culture/DST.
- In coordination with Senior TO Lab in RO, Provincial Health Office and Provincial Health Laboratory to establish Intermediate Reference Labs for EQA microscopy in the respective province.
- Provide technical assistance in the functioning of individual laboratory and the development of TB Lab network in provincial level.
- Submit periodical progress reports and field visit report in accordance with KNCV-CHALLENGE TB guidelines to the Provincial Coordinator/respective Technical Team Leader in RO.
- Participate in the regular coordination meetings with Dinas Kesehatan Provinsi and other partners.
- Attend provincial, regional, national or international meetings as required and after consultation with the KNCV- CHALLENGE TB Country Director and Director of Technical Service.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Medical microbiology degree, clinical microbiology/pathology, biology or other relevant degree.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in laboratory and diagnostic microbiology.
- Preferably with good knowledge in TB diagnostic (microscopic examination, culture/Drug Susceptibility Testing and new TB diagnostic tools).
- Good knowledge in laboratory management and biosafety.
- Expert in operating MS Office.
- Good communication skills, Fluent in English oral and written.
KNCV offers a flexible and supportive work environment and strongly encourages developing your skills and abilities to further your career opportunities.
Interested applicants are requested to submit their CV and application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 29 February 2016 at the latest.
Please ensure to put the post you apply for and preferred duty station in the subject line of your e-mail.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.