Chemonics International, a global international development consulting firm (www.chemonics.com) seeks qualified Indonesian specialists for the USAID Higher Education Leadership and Management (HELM) project in Indonesia. HELM aims to improve the academic performance of Indonesia’s higher education sector through analytical support for strategic planning, policy analysis, and capacity development approaches for effective implementation of key reforms throughout Indonesia’s higher education sector. We are looking for an individual who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
TRAINING MODULE DEVELOPER
The Training Module Developer will assist the Training and Capacity Building Specialist in HELM event planning and implementation. The position of Training Module Developer will be responsible for working with the technical team on the event planning and documentation. The Module Developer will take final responsibility for the Terms of Reference (TOR) and for the plans for each session during events. The Module Developer will support the event implementation as well as the preparation. The Training Module Developer will ensure short-term training events meet event quality goals and technical objectives, and ensure that the documentation is complete and comprehensive including all session modules and materials, tracking of key resource people, so that HELM contract performance targets and deliverables are completed in a timely and at a high level of quality.
As teamwork is crucial to the success of the project, the Module Developer will be required to coordinate with other technical, operations and cross-cutting HELM staff, and may be required to complete other tasks as requested by DCOP and the Chief of Party.
The Training Module Developer will be supervised directly by the Capacity Building and Training Specialist and under guidance from the DCOP. S/he will prepare regular verbal and written progress reports that demonstrate the status of training module and materials development activities, as well as other reports as required.
Eligibility Requirements for this Position
1. Minimum of five (5) years of experience working on training programs with international donor funded program or NGOs required;
2. B.A./B.S. in relevant field required, Master’s degree preferred.
3. Proven experience in development of training modules, events management, and facilitation of large events required.
4. Strong communication skills both written and verbal required in Bahasa Indonesia, strong English language skills preferred.
5. Strong experience with Word processing (Microsoft Word), spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel), e-mails (Microsoft Outlook) required.
6. Familiarity with Indonesian higher education system preferred.
7. Must be organized, detail oriented, self-motivated, and able to work well on teams.
8. Must be interested in working with a multi-cultural, international team in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
Application submission instructions:
Interested applicants for all positions listed below are requested to send a cover letter and resume (English) to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 16, 2013. Please list the position title in the subject line of the email. This position is subject to USAID approval and salary scales.
Chemonics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, equal pay, disability, and genetic information.
No telephone inquiries, please. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.