SNV Indonesia is looking for a:
Based in Jakarta, Indonesia
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation. Founded in the Netherlands nearly 50 years ago, we have built a long-term, local presence in 38 of the poorest countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors work with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organisations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.
SNV is currently establishing a presence in Indonesia under the coordination of the Ministry of Home Affairs through the Directorate General of Regional Development. SNV and the Directorate General of Regional Development have agreed to implement a program of cooperation for 3 (three) years.
SNV is now seeking the services of international consultants to work with the Country Director and Communications Officer to develop a communications strategy and tools to support its presence in Indonesia. Also a national graphic designer will be appointed to work alongside the International Consultants and support SNV on ongoing basis.
Scope of Work
1) Review SNV global brand toolkit and communications material (1 day)
2) Review best practice examples from other NGOs (1 day)
3) Develop an initial draft communications strategy including online, social media, public relations, brochures and events. Major stakeholder groups include donor Agencies, government units throughout Indonesia, the business community including potential providers of goods, works, and services to the public sector, the media, and civil society organisations (3 days).
4) Refine strategy based on discussion and feedback with the SNV team ( 2 days)
5) Develop the look, tone and feel of all creative communications across multiple channels and programs for SNV Indonesia cover the below (7 days)
a) Business cards
b) Flagship brochure
c) Brochure for each of the 3 sectors
d) Media kit
e) Corporate “gifts”
f) Project brochures
g) Other collateral identified in the communications strategy
6) Copy write the flagship brochures and 3 sector brochures (6 days)
7) Provide further support to implement the communication strategy (3 days)
Contract Duration: for 23 days in total during the period from October 1 to December 31, 2013
Desired start date: 01 October 2013
The assignment is to cover 2 persons:
1. One creative director
2. One editor (native English speaker)
§ University/Master’s Degree in communication, marketing, journalism, design or other related field.
§ Minimum of eight years of related professional experience in a design agency.
§ Experience in design work in an international development context.
§ Hands-on understanding of website design, emails, multi-page, multi-product materials, direct mail social, video and digital marketing
§ Solid portfolio of creative ideas
§ University/Master’s Degree in communication / journalism
§ Minimum of eight years of related professional experience in public relations, editing and/or journalism
§ Experience in communication work in an international development context.
§ Excellent writing skill
§ Native English speaker
§ Significant experience in developing effective communications tools
§ Significant experience in using social media and editing for websites
Please submit your proposal including CVs, a cover letter addressing the selection criteria and budget by e-mail with “International Communications Consultant” in the subject line to Melva Aritonang, Communications Officer SNV Indonesia (MAritonang@snvworld.org) no later than 27 September 2013.
For more information, please refer to our website: www.snvworld.org