Vacant Position: Economic Policy Officer Code: EPO
Perkumpulan Prakarsa is a Jakarta-based non-government institution which works in research and production of knowledge in four main development themes i.e. poverty and inequality, welfare reform (social security, health, education, etc.), fiscal reform (tax and budget) and sustainable development.
We currently have a vacant position in our team as an Economic Policy Officer (EPO). This position is a 12 (twelve) months initial contract based position which could be extended upon achievement and program needs, with jobs summaries as follows:
- Managing day-to-day economic-related research and program activities. These include research and program planning and design, budgeting, monitoring and coordination with all related parties of our economic related research and program and correspondence with partners and donor agencies.
- Ensuring the quality of research and program through review of the research reports, inputs on employed methodology, and supervision of the field work research activities when necessary.
- Writing insightful analysis of related economic development strategic issues as part of Prakarsa's research and publication.
- Ensuring the compliance of financial management of the program and research activities.
- Representing Prakarsa in various government, civil society and academics forum related to the Prakarsa's research and program activities at local and national level
- Participating in the development of research and/or program proposal
- Willing to expand her/his social network among academia and research institutions inside and outside Indonesia, policy makers, international and national Non-Government Organizations.
- An Indonesian citizens, preferably lives around Jabodetabek.
- A minimum of undergraduate degree in Public Administration, Public Finance, Economics, Accounting or other relevant discipline. Master's degree is preferable.
- A minimum of 2 (years) years proven working experience in similar position
- Excellent analytical skills
- Have knowledge and understanding in economic and social policy issues in general and knowledge and possession of tax policy/national budget in particular.
- Previous research or advocacy experience in economic and social policy issues is an advantage
- Excellent communication skills and English fluency (both oral & writing)
- Excellent organizational skills and creativity
- Developed sense of initiative and problem solving attitude
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
This position is an equal opportunity, but women candidates are encouraged to apply.
Please send your letter of application and resume with two reference contacts, and a sample of your writing piece (paper/article) to: email@example.com.
The email subject is : EPO2
Deadline: 30 September 2013
Only successful candidates will be notified for interview.