Founded in 1979, ACF International (Action Against Hunger) is an international non-governmental, non-religious, and non-profit making organization that delivers programmes in over 40 countries. Recognized worldwide as a leader in the fight against hunger, our mission is to save lives through the prevention, detection, and treatment of malnutrition, especially during and after emergency situations and conflicts. ACF had been now developed into ACF International network with headquarters in France, Spain, Canada, UK and USA.
Currently, UNICEF and ACF are implementing a project on “Community-based Management of Acute Malnutrition (CMAM) in Nusa Tenggara Timur”. ACF and UNICEF will work in partnership to provide technical assistance to improve the management of acute malnutrition in children aged less than five years in Kupang District in Nusa Tenggara Timur (NTT) Province.
This programme proposes is to integrate the CMAM approach into routine health service delivery in Indonesia and ensure it is linked with other essential health and nutrition services to prevent and treat both moderate and severe acute malnutrition and other forms of undernutrition.
In order to reach its goal, ACF-International (Indonesia Mission) is seeking qualified candidates for:
CMAM DATA ANALYST
Period of Contract
12 Months with possible extension
ACF KUPANG, NUSA TEGARRA TIMOR
CMAM PROGRAM MANAGER
Expected date of join
Educational / Professional Background : IT Bachelor’s Degree or Qualification
Required Competence & Skills :
- Knowledge of IT software packages of SPSS; EPIINFO, ENA and ACCESS
- Have knowledge in ‘ANTHROPOMETRY’ for acute and chronic condition
- Good knowledge and ability to learn to use new software
- Attention to detail - Diligence - Rigour - Autonomy - Organisation and Flexibility - Analytical and summarizing skills - Ability to make recommendations based on tracking and monthly up-date and propose solutions
- Spoken and written Bahasa and English
General Objectives of the position:
To guarantee the comprehensive processing of project data from CMAM program; from processing (entry)-monthly data tracking through to analysis, and to formulate any recommendations and notifications required to improve the process
Objective 1: Data Management and Entry
- Develop/create a data system/management for the Nutrition Department
- Check the quality of data to be entered and report any problems encountered;
- Evaluate the time required to process data and feedback on progress in processing;
- Enter data into the specialised software using consistent formatting, by monthly and tracking;
- Check data entered using the existing information data;
- Detect missing or redundant data and propose possible improvements;
- Assist the CMAM Programme Manager and Field Supervisor with database quality control and inform him/her of any technical problems.
- Work with other ACF programs to be able to link data creating multi-sector information
Objective 2: Data archiving
- File questionnaires and IT data in an organised fashion that is accessible to all (clear file names, well organised files etc.);
- Code data;
- Perform daily back-up of data entered on a disk or CD-ROM. Or public server as necessary.
Objective 3: Analyse data
- Taking data from the CMAM Field Monitor: Screening, OTPs, monitoring (Follow-up/home visit); monthly report; training reports.
- Sort and cross-check data;
- Create tables of statistics; based on request from CMAM PM
- Draft reports of results based on data entered; in weekly and monthly based
- Analyse strengths and weaknesses observed in the collection of data.
Objective 4: Formulate recommendations and notifications on the data processing process
- Organise weekly meetings with field workers to raise any flaws in the field data collection process;
- Advise and support Field Supervisor and CMAM PM to determine ways to improve the quality of data collection;
- Inform line manager as early as possible should flaws be observed in the data collection process;
- Provide clarification to line manager and Programme Coordinator on incoherencies observed during the analysis of data and part of decision made for further recommendation / action plan.
- Organize data reporting on SAM to DHO and 6 Puskesmas with coordination with Nutrition Program Manager, in monthly and quarterly basses.
Please submit your letter of interest and recent CV with at least two referees to :firstname.lastname@example.org before 29 JANUARY 2016
Please put the title on your application. Only short listed cand id ates will be contacted.
“All ACF member of ACF worldwide are committed to respect the 6 leading principles of the organization:Independence, Non-discrimination, Free and Direct access to victims, Professionalism and Transparency. ACF is an equal opportunity employer.