ILO is looking for a suitable candidate for the post of Finance/ Admin Assistant. More details are shown below:
25 January 2016
Deadline for application:
8 February 2016
CO ILO Jakarta
Till June 2016, with possibility of extension subject to confirmation of funding
Expected starting date:
1 March 2016
For any questions related to this post, please contact: – Ms. Hermawaty Misnan, Admin Assistant, ILO CO Jakarta - firstname.lastname@example.org
The International Labour Organization (ILO) is a specialised UN agency with a tripartite structure encompassing representatives from government, employers, and workers. This makes the ILO a unique forum in which the governments and the social partners of the economy can freely and openly debate and elaborate labour standards and policies. The Jakarta office of the ILO undertakes a diverse programme of activities and projects for Indonesia and Timor Leste related to issues such as employment, labour rights and standards, social protection and skills development. The main counterparts are the ILO constituents, the Ministry of Manpower and Transmigration, the labour unions and the employers’ organization, as well as a range of other partners in government and civil society.
The International Program on the Elimination of Child Labour (IPEC) is a specialist programme of the ILO, which is operational in 70 countries worldwide. Its objective is the effective abolition of child labour, assisting member States and social partner constituents in designing and implementing policies and programs to prevent and eliminate child labour in accordance with international labour standards, including an urgent focus on the elimination of the worst forms of child labour.
The ILO Country Office for Indonesia is implementing the project “Reducing Child Domestic Work by Promoting Decent Work for Domestic Workers”. Focusing on Indonesia, the project aims to reduce child domestic work by building the capacity of Domestic Workers Organizations, so that they are better equipped to i) Advocate for increased legal protection and enforcement for domestic workers and child domestic workers in particular; ii) Empower domestic workers to improve their working and living conditions; iii) create and expand mechanisms for reporting illegal cases of exploitation to the relevant authorities, and iv) raise awareness of issues relating to domestic work and child domestic work.
To support implementation of this project, the ILO is hiring one Finance and Administrative Assistant. The incumbent will be based in Jakarta, and will report to Project Director in Jakarta. Under the direct supervision of the Project Director and general guidance of the National Project Officers, the Finance and Administrative Assistant will be responsible for all aspects of the finance, personnel and administration of the project.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain project financial records and monitoring systems to record and reconcile project expenditures, payments, statements, reports and other data as required;
- Check all project financial/progress reports, verify the accuracy of calculations and the completeness of supporting documents, initiate correspondence to verify data, answers queries;
- Make disbursements from petty cash fund. Maintain records of such disbursements and balance accounts as required; Prepare the project petty cash accounts for approval by the supervisor;
- Calculate and ensure completeness/accuracy of travel expenses claims by all project staff, and overtime claim for further transmission to ILO for settlement;
- Calculate cost estimates and monitor projected budget and expenditures. Prepare project budget revisions/budget rephrasing when required and submit to the senior team members for approval;
- Maintain contact with local banks to clarify questions pertaining to project bank account; responsible for procurement process, i.e. project supplies and equipment’s. Arrange for control of distribution and establish/maintain appropriate inventory records.
- Provide administrative/logistic support for capacity building, meetings, seminars and/or workshop and prepare and ensure accurate Statement of Expenditures of the events
- Assist the development of budget reporting format for stakeholder receiving support from the project as well as follow up with financial reporting from stakeholder receiving support from the project;
- Establish and maintain project information systems (including paper and electronic filing systems) for administrative, financial, equipment, reporting and all other correspondence;
- Draft Letters of Agreement, Service contracts and external collaborator contracts
- Arrange appointments, receive visitors, organize meetings and local travel arrangements for project staff
- Clear outgoing correspondence for accuracy and conformity with established procedures before sending out, take follow-up action as required,
- Responsible for processing requests for visas, identity cards, and other necessary administrative documents for ILO experts and project incoming missions
- Perform other duties as may be required
C. Experience and qualifications
Experience: At least five years of experience in administrative and finance-related work. Previous work experience in the UN/international organizations will be considered an advantage.
Education – Completion of tertiary school education, supplemented by a finance/administration diploma is the minimum requirement.
1. Good knowledge of the financial and administrative principles and practices.
2. Good administrative skills to provide administrative support.
3. Knowledge of accounting and finance procedures and ability to maintain financial records and prepare clerical reports and statements accurately.
4. Knowledge of in-house procedures for the preparation of documents and administrative forms, and for the use of filing systems will be considered an advantage.
5. Ability to work Microsoft Office programmes (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, E-mail) required for work.
6. Ability to prepare preliminary reports and to draft correspondence.
7. Ability to deal with a range of staff and to respond to their queries.
1. Ability to effectively provide related support services to partner communities, government agencies, and institutions
2. Ability to reason and make sound judgments
3. Ability to organize own work
4. Ability to work on own initiative and as member of a team
5. Ability to work under pressure
6. Ability to work and communicate with people in a polite, gender-sensitive, courteous and cooperative manner and address colleagues, visitors and partners with tact and diplomacy
7. Must demonstrate a high standard of ethical conduct (honesty, integrity and loyalty to the Organization), and a high level of commitment to his/her job,
8. Must demonstrate responsible behaviour and attention to detail
9. Shares knowledge – Shares important or relevant knowledge and information formally or informally; promotes knowledge transfer.
D. Nationality – Indonesian.
E. Languages – Must be fluent in both spoken and written English and Bahasa Indonesia.
General Service Level 5 of the UN common remuneration system and/or commensurate with the qualifications and competency of the selected candidate.
G. Written Examination and Interview
Prospective candidates will be required to sit a written examination and take part in an interview.
Qualified women and men are encouraged to apply. Only qualified candidates will be notified. Please submit application indicating the Vacancy Announcement Numberalong with CV, 3 references and other supporting documents to:
INTERNATIONAL LABOUR OFFICE
Email : email@example.com
Only qualified candidates will be notified.