Founded in 1979, ACF International (Action Against Hunger) is an international non-governmental, non-religious, and non-profit making organization that delivers programmes in over 40 countries. Recognized worldwide as a leader in the fight against hunger, our mission is to save lives through the prevention, detection, and treatment of malnutrition, especially during and after emergency situations and conflicts. ACF had been now developed into ACF International network with headquarters in France, Spain, Canada, UK and USA.
ACF has been active in the NTT district since 2007 since its first established in 1999 in Indonesia in cooperation and partnership with the Ministry of Health, local authorities and stakeholders. Around 40 networks have benefited from a renovation, as have water sources and wells. In the Kupang District, ACF now implements a range of integrated community based programs in Nutrition and Care practices, Food Security, Water Sanitation & Hygiene, Emergency response and DRR/Climate Change Adaptation going from relief to recovery in order to address effectively the population’s needs.
Under the current activities of our WASH (Water Sanitation and Hygiene) program in Kupang District, East Nusa Tenggara Province, a key area to focus is to support the capacity building of local partner (NGO) include the community to improve the capacity to replicate key activities on their own future. To actualize this, ACF is now seeking a good candidate to fill the position of:
HYGIENE PROMOTION SUPERVISOR
Period of Contract
12 Months with possible extension
WASH Program Manager
Expected date of join
Educational / Professional Background : University Degree on Hygiene and Environmental Health or equivalent professional experience in Hygiene
Required Competence & Skills :
Knowledge of Hygiene and Environmental Health
Competence in the fields of water, sanitation and hygiene – Competence in trainings organization and implementing participative approaches - Analytical mind and global approach - Planning of activities – Good organizational ability – Good knowledge of the intervention area – Dynamism – Flexibility – Computer skills - Ability to make recommendations and propose solutions
Spoken and written English
General Objectives of the position :
Ensure and evaluate the sustainability of the water, sanitation and hygiene projects through the development of local competences.
Objective 1: Capacity building on community based program
- Assess funding mechanism of communities and delocalization process;
- Production of an internal capitalization document on funding mechanism and delocalization process;
- Develop training curriculum on community mobilization and community based programs, and provide this training to local district government;
- Develop training curriculum on funding mechanism and delocalization process, and provide this training to local communities;
- Develop training module in Indonesian and English on community mobilization and community based programs;
- Preparation of Assessment and location of intervention base of PRA and needs
Objective 2: To support the ACF team in implementing the community approach as part of the ongoing program:
- Regular field visits in the locations of intervention;
- To support the ACF team to improve their skills in community based approach;
- To train ACF team to implement the PRA activity and to ensure the follow up of the activity,
- To ensure that the PRA have been correctly done in the targeted villages;
- To ensure the implementation step correlated with LFA and planning.
Objective 3: To implement STBM in the locations of intervention in accordance with government policy
- Created and training team of STBM in the locations of intervention;
- To visit the villages of the former program in order to evaluate the existing program;
- To develop in collaboration with other supervisor, training documents for STBM process and implementation;
- To support field staff in implementing the activity and to ensure the follow up of STBM training;
- Supervise all the steps of implementation of STBM and do coordination with government through health department.
Objective 4: Supervision of the Hygiene promotion activities
- Improve the CHAST methodology in collaboration with other supervisor and PM;
- Supervise the Hygiene promotion session and to ensure that the HP messages are well disseminated;
- Define with ACF Field Monitor Hygiene monthly action plan related to the HP activities;
- Train the ACF team on the KAP survey process;
- Lead the final KAP survey;
- Develop tools with the ACF Field Monitor Hygiene in order to ensure a proper follow up of the activities;
- Write reports on the activities and the project’s budgetary follow-up.
Objective 5: Project management
- Propose solutions or improvements for better performance of the project
- Participate in the technical recruitment of the Field Monitor Hygiene
- Participate to the evaluation of the Field Monitor Hygiene
- Elaborate the content of the required training and organize it ;
- Train the ACF team and make sure they transmit messages clearly to the community ;
- Organize the team’s work: (weekly planning, monthly action plan)
Objective 6: Coordination and Evaluation
- Coordination with other NGOs related to community development work and/or advocacy of STBM structure and funding mechanism in the village level;
- Evaluation interview to local stakeholders in the village level for the implementation of the project;
- Regular meeting with stake holders and government in village to provincial level to ensure the implementation of the program has suitable with the program of government;
- Regular field visit with government.
Please submit your letter of interest and recent CV with at least two references to :firstname.lastname@example.org before 29 JANUARY 2016
Please put the title on your application. Only short list cand id ates will be contacted.