Terms of Reference
Executive Secretary of Indonesia Country Coordinating Mechanism
Location : Jakarta
Closing date: 25 January 2016 at 17.00 WIB
GFATM requires every recipient country to organize and maintain a Country Coordinating Mechanism (CCM), a nationally-representative, multi-sectoral body that (a) serves as the source of all proposals submitted to the GFATM and (b) conducts oversight on all active grants in the recipient country.
CCM Indonesia’s Secretariat is the administrative and support arm of the CCM; it is staffed by personnel hired by the CCM. CCM Secretariat staffs are paid by GFATM and the CCM’s development partners, or both. The CCM Secretariat is led by the Executive Secretary.
The Executive Secretary is responsible for senior-level management and oversight of programmatic, operational and financial systems under the direct supervision of the CCM Chairperson. The Executive Secretary will assist CCM board and Members included Committees, Working Groups and Ad Hoc Teams, with the support of the CCM Secretariat Staff to ensure that activities supported by the Global Fund in Indonesia are effectively and efficiently facilitated for grant implementation in the respective disease components.
Contract period for the Executive Secretary is based on the Global Fund grant cycle to the CCM (Expanded Funding, Biyearly), with possible extension for another 2 years period, subject to the biannual performance appraisal by the CCM.
The Executive Secretary supervise the CCM Secretariat, based in Jakarta, Serves the CCM and help the CCM Chair to ensure roles and function of the CCM Indonesia run effectively for the success of GFATM-funded activities. The tasks of Executive Secretary, as listed below, will be both administrative and technical and shall include assignments that are both sensitive and confidential in nature:
• To appoint and supervise CCM Secretariat staff as are specified in the CCM approved Secretariat workplan and budget.
• To ensure that the CCM Secretariat carries out the responsibilities described on the Governance Manual.
• To attend all CCM Meetings in a non-voting capacity, and serve as Secretary for these meetings.
• To provide written or verbal reports to the Chair and Vice Chair regarding the work of the Secretariat and any challenges encountered.
• To assist the Chair and Vice Chair, when requested, to perform their functions effectively, including fund raising for the CCM activities.
• To deliver – as one of the papers circulated in advance of each Plenary Meeting of the CCM a report describing the activities of the CCM Secretariat since the previous plenary meeting and describing any challenges encountered. The Chair and Vice Chair shall not have the right to edit or control the contents of this report.
• To answer any questions raised at each Plenary Meeting about this report.
• To carry out other functions that are specified in this Governance Manual or requested by the CCM or the CCM Chair.
• To Prepare CCM meeting and ensure that all meeting documents and results are circulated to CCM member.
• To represent CCM Chair/Vice Chair to any invitation, based on CCM Chairs delegations of authority.
• To perform regular communication with the Global Fund, Country Team.
• To Prepare Global Fund’s visit.
• A minimum of 10 years of demonstrated experience in successfully managing social sector and/or HIV/AIDS, Malaria and TB activities
• A minimum academic qualification of a Master’s degree in public health, management, international development or related field
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience in the management of large-scale international-funded projects
• Knowledge and experience with standard contracting, grants administration, management systems, operational procedures, budgeting and financial reporting required
• Excellent networking, oral and written communication skills
• Excellent knowledge and use of various computer application skills
• Demonstrated skills in the areas of Strategic Planning, Policy Development and Advocacy
• Knowledge and understanding of the GFATM processes will be an advantage
• Fluent in both English and Bahasa Indonesia
Please submit your CV/Resume including covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org orhttp://www.jobstreet.co.id/id/job/1809832/sources/1/origin/id with subject Application for CCM Executive Secretary.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.