Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Jakarta-based, with regular travel to provinces
2 years full-time with possibility of extension
Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
The Empowering Indonesian Women for Poverty Reduction Program or Maju Perempuan Indonesia untuk Penanggulangan Kemiskinan (MAMPU) Program is funded by the Government of Australia through the Australian Agency for International Development (AusAID). The MAMPU Program supports networks and inclusive coalitions of women’s and gender-interested organisations, and parliamentarians (the MAMPU partners) to influence government policies, regulations and services, and in selected private sector arenas. Ultimately, this work aims to improve the access of poor women in Indonesia to critical services and programs.
The MAMPU program supports partners working on five thematic areas:
1. Improving women’s access to government social protection programs;
2. Increasing women’s access to jobs and removing workplace discrimination;
3. Improving conditions for women’s overseas labour migration;
4. Strengthening women’s leadership for better maternal and reproductive health;
5. Strengthening women’s leadership to reduce violence against women.
The MAMPU Program is managed by Cowater International. A team of technical and operational staff from Cowater International is based in the MAMPU office in Jakarta and works closely with MAMPU partners, AusAID, and the program’s key counterpart in the Government of Indonesia – BAPPENAS (National Development Planning Agency).
The monitoring and evaluation (M&E) system for MAMPU will be managed by an M&E unit within the Cowater International Team. Managed by a full-time M&E Specialist, the unit will comprise three long-term personnel and short-term specialists charged with: (i) supporting partners to monitor and evaluate their projects; and (ii) managing the overall monitoring and evaluation for the MAMPU program.
The MAMPU Program is currently recruiting for the full-time role of ‘Monitoring and Evaluation Officer’ to be a key part of the M&E team. Working with others in the team, your work will include a mixture of supporting partners, analysing information, and reporting. Your work will contribute to a sound platform of information and evidence about MAMPU’s progress and lessons learned.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will work under the direction of the Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist to:
· Support partners and sub-partners to apply monitoring techniques introduced by MAMPU by providing advice and explanation where required;
· Undertake occasional field visits to partners to confirm and triangulate reported findings;
· Explain, clarify, and troubleshoot any issues or problems regarding MAMPU’s reporting requirements;
· In combination with MAMPU team members, support partners to use of monitoring information;
· Synthesize monitoring information from partner reports and identify key lessons for dissemination;
· Contribute to MAMPU internal and external reporting;
· Support the facilitation of learning events for partners and other members of the MAMPU team.
· A tertiary qualification in a relevant area such as evaluation, economics, anthropology, development studies, or sociology;
· At least 5 years of experience in a project planning, management, monitoring and evaluation role;
· Able to manage multiple demands and prioritize tasks, work easily and cooperatively with diverse stakeholders, and support other team members.
· Experience working with civil society organisations is considered an asset;
· Commitment, demonstrated knowledge and understanding of gender-related issues is essential;
· Skills and practical experience with participatory methods will be considered an asset;
· Fluency in Bahasa Indonesia and working knowledge of English are essential;
Interested candidates and particularly women are invited to send their application with:
a) Cover Letter
b) Detailed Curriculum Vitae
c) Three referees (preferably former direct supervisors)
Please put your name and the position title as the subject of your email. The application should be sent not later than COB November 22nd, 2013 to: email@example.com . Only short-listed candidates will be invited via e-mail or telephone for interviews.
Australian Aid – Managed by Cowater International Inc. on behalf of AusAID