IFES Indonesia - Terms of Reference
Position Title: Event Organizer Consultant
Duration of Assignment: 6 weeks, anticipated start as soon as possible.
International NGO seeks an Event Organizer Consultant. The primary responsibilities will be to provide partner organizations with assistance on the full range of Administration and operational issues relating to the preparation of the 3rd AGENDA Regional Dialogue in January 2015.
IFES is an international, nonprofit organization that supports the building of democratic societies. IFES promotes democratic stability by providing technical assistance and applying field-based research to the electoral cycle in countries around the world to enhance citizen participation and strengthen civil societies, governance and transparency. Founded in 1987 as a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization, IFES has developed and implemented comprehensive, collaborative democracy solutions in more than 120 countries.
IFES is currently recruiting consultant for the General Election Network for Disability Access (AGENDA) Project, the IFES-led consortium will seek to expand Indonesian Disabled People’s Organizations’ (DPOs) regional leadership capabilities, develop new tools and partnerships to monitor and raise awareness about disability access issues in elections, and work to ensure that disability rights are squarely on the ASEAN agenda. New and enhanced methodologies for monitoring disability access will include regional indices and reports to regional bodies, and network findings will be shared with civil society organizations in several ASEAN member states.
Scope of Work:
· Provide partner organizations with assistances on the full range of Administration and operational issues relating to the preparation of the 3rd AGENDA Regional Dialogue in January 2015;
· Assist the partner in coordinating the planning, administration and logistics for the event;
· Assist the event preparation on a daily basis according to best practice and make recommendation aimed at improving these;
· Work with the partners and IFES on materials related to the events;
· Facilitate the flow of information/communication between the partners regarding this event;
· Assist in making travel arrangements for the speakers and the participants, prepare required travel requisitions; arrange hotel accommodations and other related logistics;
· Coordinate with various vendors/subcontractors;
· Significant previous experience in conference and event management, and/or a minimum of 3 years’ experience performing administration/procurement functions in a comparable setting;
· Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills;
· Proven ability to manage schedules and organize travel;
· Excellent attention to detail and ability to follow organization’s regulations and supervisor instruction;
· Ability to work after hours and weekends upon request and prior arrangement;
· Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia, both written and oral;
· A high level of self-motivation and ability to work autonomously within a fast-paced environment;
· A degree in secretarial support/business administration/finance preferred but not required.
· Strong customer service oriented; volunteer management skills is an asset
Interested candidates may send their application to:
firstname.lastname@example.org latest by 24 December 2014
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.