World Food Programme, Indonesia invites applications from the eligible candidates for the following position:
Position: Logistics Assistant (Storekeeper and Tally)
Contract Type: Special Service Agreement/Service Contract
Duration 6 months with possibility for extension
Duty Station: Kupang, Indonesia
Within delegated authority, the Logistics Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
· Receive all WFP food and non-food items; and report on the quality, quantity of the received commodities and ensure that document match with amount received and endorse the documents;
· Prepare storage layout based on the expected consignment and follow up tracking of the commodities in pipeline;
· Supervise loading, unloading process and arrange stacking of commodities in the warehouse ;
· Control incoming goods (food & non-food items) by such methods as physical counts, random weight checks, rejection of any spoiled commodity, reconditioning of underweight bags, check the condition of transport used, etc;
· Maintain records and/or ensure that assistants assigned to the various stores keep records of the foodstuff offloaded/loaded at the warehouses, adhering to the WFP systems;
· Ensure that the flow of the commodities based on the FIFO system, monitor and report stored commodity’s shelf-life;
· Closely monitor on the condition of the goods stored and report it periodically in written; update hygrometer record and report it on monthly basis;
· Ensure the hygiene and pest-free storing condition, apply good warehouse practices;
· Liaise with transporter and/or cooperating partner on the distribution and/or delivery process, prepare and/or review distribution planning, ensure the vehicle arrangement based on the needed and report on the progress of commodities uplift;
· Follow up and monitor the delivery and/or distribution progress, conduct joint monitoring with counterparts and programme colleagues;
· Make periodic physical inventor checks;
· Assist spring and fumigation process;
· Provide overall supervision and training to other storekeepers and casual labour;
· Supervise and check the report conducted by securities; and
· Perform other related duties as required
Qualifications and Experiences:
Education: Secondary school education
Experience: At least four years of progressively responsible support experience including at least one year in the field of transport, administration, accounting, statistics or another related field.
Knowledge: Experience utilizing computers, including word processing, spreadsheet and other software packages.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written English and Bahasa Indonesia.
Desirable skill: Experience and/or knowledge in WFP’s Commodity Tracking System (COMPAS) would be advantage.
Only candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to apply. Female candidates are especially encouraged to apply. Applications should be addressed to:Jakarta.Vacancy@wfp.org
All applications should include an updated CV (in English), a photograph and three references and should be received no later than 6 January 2015.
“Only short-listed candidates will be contacted”