SYSTEM AND NETWORK ENGINEER
Key job information
Do you fancy being part of a highly skilled globally distributed team, taking responsibility for the Greenpeace global network infrastructure, ships systems and do you have the skill it takes? Then this may just be the job you are looking for.
Greenpeace is an independent global campaigning organisation that acts to change attitudes and behaviour in order to protect and conserve the environment and to promote peace. Greenpeace is present in more than 55 countries across Europe, the Americas, Asia, Africa and the Pacific. Greenpeace International is the global coordinating body of the organisation, and is located in the Netherlands. .The Global IT department provides IT services to National and Regional Offices across Europe, the Americas, Asia & the Pacific and Africa. The IT operations department is responsible for day-to-day operations for all IT systems through the teams technical application management and infrastructure. For the infrastructure team we are looking for a Systems and Network engineer.
The role will be based in either Hong Kong, Thailand or Indonesia. Location will depend on the preffered candidate.
In this role, you will be part of a small team which is responsible for the ‘backend’ or underlying infrastructure and their aim is a secure, reliable, highly available, highly redundant, core network infrastructure comprising of the global network and network services, ships systems, firewalls, vpn, ldap, video conferencing, e-mail, backup and disaster recovery in order to provide high value and reliable services to the global organization.
What are we looking for:
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. degree relevant to Systems and Network engineering (e.g. Computer Science, Electronics) and/or have comparable work experience/certification
- CCNA certification is required, CCNP preferred
- In-depth knowledge and hands on experience with LAN and WAN networking, Cisco IOS, DNS, QoS, LDAP, Firewalling, SSL VPNs, Linux, VMware and confident coding bash or python
- Strong technical skills
- Fluency in English, and preferably one other language
- Ability to communicate well in an international environment with a culturally diverse user community
What we can offer in return:
- Being part of a stimulating, challenging international organisation at the cutting edge of the struggle to protect the planet.
- Being a member of a committed team, all striving to reach the same goals and supporting each other along the way
- A salary and reward package in line with Greenpeace salary scales and experience
Hong Kong, Thailand or Indonesia
HOW TO APPLY
Please click link on the vacancy to submit your CV https://workfor.greenpeace.org/index.php/page/applicants/command/applyforjob/vid/693289/bb/1&SiteId=1
Link will take you directly to the Greenpeace International Portal .
Once you fill and submit the online application form, you will automatically receive an email acknowledging your application.
Closing date: 31 March 2016