Operations Officer, Helen Keller International-Indonesia
Helen Keller International (HKI) is an international non‐governmental organization whose mission is to save the sight and lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged by combating the causes and consequences of blindness and malnutrition. We do this by establishing programs based on evidence and research in vision, health and nutrition. Established in 1915, HKI maintains its Headquarters in New York City, with Regional Offices in Senegal and Phnom Penh to support 22 country offices in Africa and Asia.
Since the 1970s, HKI‐Indonesia has been working to establish sustainable evidence‐based approaches to enhance health and nutrition, improve education for the disabled, and expand access to eye health services for Indonesians, particularly women and children. HKI-Indonesia’s programs are integrated at all levels of the government health and education structures by helping to develop its human resources and infrastructure, conduct needs assessments, analyze local context to inform program design and implementation, train personnel, provide basic equipment and medicines, deliver services if needed, and monitor program progress and evaluate program impact.
We are currently seeking an Operations Officer who will be responsible for serving as the focal point for procurement within the office and supporting on other key administrative and operational activities.
Based in: Jakarta
Reports to: Senior Operations Coordinator
The Operations Officer will assist HKI-Indonesia’s staff as they support our three technical areas in nutrition, eye health, and education for children with disabilities. In addition, the Operations Officer will serve as the focal point on all Procurement issues for the Jakarta office and field offices in other cities. Finally, under the direction of the Senior Operations Coordinator, the Operations Officer will provide administrative support for our office.
- Manage all HKI-Indonesia procurements with assistance from program staff when necessary;
- Maintain the inventory database to ensure that all eligible materials are appropriately tracked;
- Maintain vendor lists;
- Serve as the focal point for travel arrangements;
- Serve as the focal point for Jakarta-based transportation;
- Manage documentation for office vehicles;
- Support the maintenance for the Jakarta office;
- Provide support to field-based administrative and operations teams;
- Liaise with government offices for registration and tracking of documents
- Ensure the appropriate management of all important communications to external partners and other HKI offices worldwide;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Degree in a relevant field including management, administration, law, social sciences, psychology, or business;
- Minimum three years of experience in procurement and administration;
- Experience working with nongovernmental organizations is an asset;
- Capacity to be self-reliant, results oriented, and manage multiple deadlines;
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a team player who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical initiatives;
- Ensure appropriate confidentiality for internal documents;
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills in Bahasa Indonesian;
- Proficiency in verbal and written English;
- Demonstrated ability to convey messages through clear and concise writing; and
- Ability to travel domestically on short notice.
People with disabilities or special needs are encouraged to apply. Please email your curriculum vitae or resume and a cover letter (in English) with the subject line Operations Officer to Indonesia.Recruitment@hki.org by 31 March at 5 PM (Jakarta-time). Any questions and clarifications can be sent to Indonesia.Recruitment@hki.org.