The Nature Conservancy (TNC) is a conservation organization working around the world to protect ecologically important lands and waters for nature and people. In Indonesia, TNC has been supporting improved natural resource planning and management for 20 years, including working with government, private sector, and local communities. We currently have internship opportunities as follows:
ITP Data Management Intern
The intern will carry out, but not limited to, the following tasks:
- Learn about simple surveys methodology.
- Conduct CONNECT and Box usability to all ITP staffs, data input and analysis, and data management from an offline data storage into an online database.
- Compile survey results and discuss with Jakarta TISOM team.
- Circulate discussion’s summary and develop CONNECT optimizing plan.
- Learn sharepoint toolkit and execute filing system with TNC CONNECTdatabase.
- Reorganize folders, files of ITP staffs into an approved layout and compiling site specific files into one National file.
- Upload all program data files into an online database (CONNECT).
- Preparing a short procedure on "How-to-Use ITP Data Library on CONNECT" and assist in a socialization workshop of the new ITPData Library to the ITP staffs.
- Supporting other relevant tasks in the office and those may be required by the PDL team.
- Completion of an undergraduate degree in Biology, Ecology, Environmental Science, or other related fields, with special reference on database and sharepoint skill.
- Proficiency in Bahasa Indonesia both verbally and in writing.
- Proficiency in English in writing, and the ability to cross translate between Bahasa and English. Ability to converse in English is recommended.
- Interested in conservation/biodiversity/environmental issues.
- Computer literate; proficient in MS Office, MS Excel in particular and Internet navigation are required. Profiency in MS Access database and sharepoint will be an advantage.
- Pleasant personality (friendly, team player, quick learner, creative and willing to take on a variety of tasks).
Please send your CV and application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, not later than April 8, 2016. Please insert the position title you are interested to apply on the subject line.
Visit www.nature.or.id. to learn more about The Nature Conservancy Indonesia Program.