Country : Indonesia
Start Date : ASAP
Length of Commitment : One years (possibility of extension)
Education : Minimum Diploma or Bachelor Degree
Organization : J-PAL Southeast Asia at UI Salemba
Language Requirement : English & Indonesian
The Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab is globally headquartered within the Economics Department at MIT. J-PAL Southeast Asia is one six independent regional offices based around the world hosted at local universities. J-PAL is a pioneer of using randomized evaluations to answer critical policy questions in the fight against poverty. J-PAL Southeast Asia, based at the Institute for Economic and Social Research, Faculty of Economic and Business at the University of Indonesia (LPEM-FEBUI) seeks a qualified applicant for some positions to support the activities in a vibrant organization undertaking cutting-edge development research.
1. ACCOUNTING AND GRANT ASSISTANT
The Accounting and Grant Assistant will report directly to J-PAL SEA’s Finance & Administration Manager based in Jakarta and will be responsible for performing a range of finance and accounting tasks to support efficient and accountability of finance.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
Finance and Accounting
- Review all finance documents such as travel expense claim, reimbursement, advances, advance reconciliation, invoices from vendors or third parties
- Ensure all finance supporting documents are complete and in line with the J-PAL SEA's finance policies
- Prepare finance vouchers for all payment and request an approval from the Executive Director and the LPEM FEB UI's Finance and Admin Head
- Enter all transactions into excel sheet finance template. This includes ensuring the correct journal, account code and charging for each transaction.
- Upload all transaction into accounting system (Intacct)
- Maintain the advance status for all staff and remind staff to submit their reconciliation in timely manner
- Prepare and Check all journal reclassification and adjustment and prepare the general journal voucher for all transactions as needed
- Assist the Finance and Administration Manager on audit purpose
- In coordination with the Admin and Executive Assistant to prepare Purchase Order (PO) and make sure all supporting documents are complete
- Request an approval for PO from the Executive Director and send it back to the Administrative Assistant
- Maintain the approved Purchase Order which will be pre-numbered for documentations
- Assist Finance and Administration Manager to maintain grant database. This includes creating and updating grant database sheet for each projects
- Inform the Executive Management Team the up to date status of grant or sub-award including the grant deliverables tracking
- Setting up invoicing schedules for all projects and preparing an invoice to donor for disbursement and monitor the grant's payment
- Minimum Diploma Degree in financial management and accounting or relevant studies. Bachelor Degree are also encouraged to apply.
- Prior experience working as Accountant or Finance and Grant staff for a research institution or international non-government organization.
- Experience in accounting and grant management system preferably for projects funded by International donor such as DFAT or USAID.
- Language: High-level of proficiency (fluent or native). Ability to write and speak fluently in Bahasa Indonesia and English.
- Experience in filing and cataloging/organizing various types of materials.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize work assignments, multi-task, and work well under pressure
- Strong ability to manage a time-sensitive workflow while maintaining absolute accuracy with details
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to appreciate international diversity and to establish effective working relationships with international partners, supervisors, and research staff.
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with supervisor and other staff
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
How to Apply:
Please send an email before March 31, 2016 to firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com following these instructions exactly:
Use the following as the email subject line: “J-PAL SEA, your name, and position you apply” Please do not include any other text in the body of the e-mail. Adding extra text will interfere with the processing of your application.
Attach PDF copies of your CV and a cover letter no longer than 500 words. The cover letter should discuss how you meet the aforementioned position requirements, emphasizing relevant skills and experience.
Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviews.