Position : Member Service Officer
Proposed Dates : May 2016- May 2017
Duration : 1 year
Supervisor : Strategic Services Manager
BackgroundUnited Cities and Local Governments Asia Pacific (UCLG ASPAC) is the biggest regional section of the United Cities and Local Governments (UCLG), with its Secretariat based in Jakarta, Indonesia. UCLG is a worldwide association of local governments, and is the officially recognized voice of local governments by the United Nations. UCLG ASPAC has linkages to more than 7,000 local governments. It represents well over 3.76 billion people - more than half of the world population - and incorporates fast economically developing countries such as China, India, and Indonesia.
UCLG ASPAC is the key knowledge management hub on local government issues in the Asia-Pacific region. It promotes democratic local government, supports cooperation between cities, local governments and their associations, and facilitates programmes, networks and partnerships to develop the capacity of local governments and associations. UCLG ASPACalso represents local governments politically within theinternational community, and with the United Nations and its agencies. It also promotes inclusive societies which safeguard equality, social, and economic justice, and sustainable community development. UCLG ASPAC is engaged in all relevant thematic fields for nurturing sustainable development, such aspoverty alleviation, climate change, disaster resiliency, culture, strategic planning, decentralization, local finance,gender equality, women leadership and empowerment, as well asgood governance.
UCLG ASPAC is looking to hire a Member Services Officer (MSO) for a period of one (1) year, with a possible extension to support the Member Services Division in implementing the planned activities, and in improving the outreach and effectiveness of the Division.
Objectives and goals:
- To provide assistance in developing strategies, and implementing the main role of Member Services Division, including the implementation of its programs and activities
- To provide assistance in expanding the network of UCLG ASPAC related with the local governments
- To support the development of profile of member services and plan to attract the potential member and maintain the existing member
- To support the promotion of UCLG ASPAC activities to members, potential members, and partners
Scope of Work/Key Duties:
The key duties and activities of this role are:
1. Updating and maintaining the contacts of members, database and members profile
2. Collecting information and developing membership category/sub category and directories of each type of memberships
3. Contacting and reminding members for payment of membership fee
4. Performing administrative duties related with members services division needs
5. Supporting the conduct of annual membership needs survey, the evaluation of past services provision, and strategizing and planning of new services
6. Taking Minutes/Notes of meetings initiated by Member Services Division
7. Providing article/information requested by other divisions
8. Assisting in recruiting new member and in processing the membership applications
9. Assisting in the preparation of biannual Executive Bureau, annual Council and biennial Regional General Assembly Meetings with the host local governments/ associations
10. Assisting in the preparation and ensuring the completion of Regional Executive Bureau/Council/General Assembly Meeting papers
11. Assisting in liaising with UCLG World for biannual World Executive Bureau, annual Council and biennial General Assembly participated by UCLG ASPAC President, Secretary General and other representatives
12. Assisting in developing procedures related to placement of members and foreign expert
13. Assisting the manager for performing in being in charge of legal and official status of the organization
14. Assisting the manager for the event preparation ( invitation, mobilizing, correspondences, photocopy mail, fax, stationary)
15. Performing other duties as required from time-to-time by theSecretary General and Member Services Manager
Special Requirements of the Assignment:
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in relevant discipline (relevant experience may substitute the relevant degree)
2. Minimum 3 (three) years experience in a similar position in an NGO and/or an International Organization.
- Demonstrated experience working with local governments, multi-donor agencies, and/or development partners.
- Excellent communication and writing skills (English; knowledge of Bahasa Indonesia an asset).
- Highly developed communication skills, including ability to draft/edit texts and to articulate ideas in clear, concise style to a variety of audiences, as well as facilitation skills.
- Experience in working in an international environment, respecting different cultures and nationalities.
- Positive work ethic with a willingness to learn and grow.
- Considerable domestic and international travel may be required.
- Updated database and profiles for members
- Implemented planned activities and reporting within member services division
- Written and/or published articles in UCLG ASPAC’s media outreach
Interested Candidate should submit Application to email@example.com
Deadline for Proposal submission is 05:00 PM, 04 April 2016 with Subject Email: ASPAC-MSO2016 – Your Name