Title: Administration Assistant
Reports to: Office Administrator
Deadline for Applications: March15, 2016
660 million people – about one in ten – lack access to safe water. More thantwice that many, 2.4 billion people, don’t have access to a toilet. These are thepeople Water.org serves. We are a global non‐profit based in Kansas City,Missouri working to ensure safe water and sanitation for all. We go beyondtraditional approaches to safe water and sanitation, focusing on addressing theunderlying causes of this global crisis and innovating to deliver large‐scaleand sustainable change. Co‐founded by Gary White and Matt Damon in 2009,Water.org has impacted more than 3 million lives and transformed thousandsof communities in Africa, South Asia, and Latin America. Learn more at http://water.org/
Water.org launched operations in Indonesia in early 2014 and seeks to buildrelationships with a broad range of financial institutions (microfinanceinstitutions, commercial banks, BPRs, cooperatives) and water/sanitationservice providers.
Water.org Indonesia is currently providing the WaterCredit programs with MFIspartner, testing a model to further strengthen, finance, and expand CommunityBased Organizations rural water supply established under the PAMSIMAS andSANIMAS and conducting research in pipe water utilities services program or“PDAM” services.
Water.org seeks a highly skilled and motivated Administration Assistant toassist the overall smooth Water.org office activities and to supportimplementation of the Water.org program. This position will be based inJakarta. The administration assistant will report to the Office Administrator.She/he will work with Water.org staff and also coordinate with Water.orgstakeholders, such as the MFIs, Banks, Governments, Non- government agency, and Water.org International teams.
The Administration Assistant will assist the Indonesia and U.S.-based staff, in term of administration support. Major responsibilities include:
· Assist the Office Administrator to manage the daily operational of the office.
· Assist and support the CBO program team to conduct the CBO work shop events.
· Assist and support the CBO program on payment tracking and related documents
· Assist the Office Administrator to maintain complete file for office programactivities.
· Provide administration support for Regional Manager, Country Director andWater.org staff.
· Build communication with staff and Water.org stake holders.
· Act as Custodian of Petty Cash account.
· Act as “reviewer” for office financial transaction.
In carrying out these duties, she/he will work closely with the Office Administrator, CBO Program Manager and team for the technical area(s) ofoffice management and administration and for the specific activities needed such:
Administration and Office Daily Function Support
· Assisting the daily operations for office including office opening, operationsand closedown.
· Answering, screening, forwarding and/or returning phone calls and manage incoming and outgoing correspondence, including hand delivered messages on a routine basis.
· Supporting the Office Administrator, CBO program manager and Country Director for all relevant program initiatives and stakeholder relationships;
· Assisting the Office Administrator in term of support to all staff members inthe travel arrangement, including ticket booking, hotel reservation, transportation arrangement and other travel relevant activities.
· Assisting the Office Administrator and CBO Program team in preparing events, from preparation, implementation until post-event arrangement.
• Assisting the Office Administrator to maintain the filing system of the office documents, including compiling all personnel data’s such as, time sheet andleave form.
• Assisting the Office Administrator to update vendors (including hotels) and consultant’s database.
• Assisting the Office administrator to prepare report monthly office expenses report and monitor the use of office supplies and stationery.
• Assisting the Office Administrator to prepare the procurement of monthly office supplies and office equipment (if needed).
• Report damages of office equipment to project administration, organize and follow-up the proper maintenance and repair.
• Other duties as required by Supervisor.
Finance and HR Support
· Managing a petty account for daily operation office activities upon the approval of Regional Manager and/or Country Director
· Preparing the petty cash journal and reporting it in monthly basis to Office Administrator before it is approved by Regional Manager and/or Country Director.
· Checking the expense reports and advance request of the staffs and preparing payment list before submitting it to the Office Administrator for payment initiation, and ensure that all original invoices and receipts are kept in the finance filing folders.
· Assisting the Office Administrator in the recruitment process of staff such asinviting candidates for an interview etc.
Related to all tasks above, the Administration Assistant will have regular reporting to the Office Administrator and CBO Program Manager.
· Bachelor degree in Administration, accounting or finance.
· Min. 2 years’ experience in administrative/finance/office management
· Excellent communication skills both in English and Bahasa Indonesia,
· Good computer skills, including Microsoft office, internet, and office management.
· Basic knowledge on IT matter.
· Demonstrated ability to deliver results working in a small team andplaying a variety of roles.
This is a two year contract position with strong potential for extension andcompetitive compensation commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates may send a copy of their CV and a cover letter indicatingtheir interest to:
email@example.com (with Cc to firstname.lastname@example.org)
Applications will be reviewed as they are received. Please do not attempt tocontact Water.org about the status of your application.
Water.org is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on thebasis of age, ethnicity, gender, nationality, religious belief or sexual orientation.