Save the Children is an international NGO and the world’s top independent charity for children in need. Since 1919, we have been fighting for children’s rights, saving their lives and providing hope for brighter futures worldwide. Save the Children’s programs in Indonesia is implemented by Yayasan Sayangi Tunas Cilik. We currently work in eleven provinces, have staff of approximately 300 local professionals, and programming in Child Protection, Education, Health and Nutrition, Disaster Risk Reduction, and Humanitarian Response. We are urgently seeking to fill the following position:
MEAL Officer – El Nino Response
1 position, based in Sumba Barat
Code : MO - ENR
Ensure that projects are monitored regularly, meeting objectives and of high quality. Setting up mechanisms to ensure that communities and children have a voice in the implementation of SC programming. Ensuring that learning generated by SC activities is captured and disseminated to all stakeholders.
Predictive models of Sea Surface Temperature (SST), a strong predictor of the El Nino effect showed Indonesia as one of the countries affected by the pronounced and prolonged dry season. This prolonged dry season in 2015 has already impacted water resources and agriculture which led to delays in planting, failure harvesting main crops and generated significant loses for communities and potential crisis.
BNPB-National Disaster Management Agency has stated that 102 districts are currently affected by drought and has prepared Rp75 billion to provide assistance including distribution of water tanks and construction of reservoirs.
The prolonged dry spell created by El Nino has impacted one of the poorest provinces with the lowest human development indicators, NTT-Nusa Tenggara Timur, where Save the Children is working in 6 out of 20 districts.
Following initial needs assessments, SC Indonesia is currently scaling up a response in West Sumba.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
· The MEAL Officer will develop standard monitoring tools in coordination with Monitoring, Evaluation and Accountability Coordinator and program staff.
· Support the design of monitoring system/framework to report activities according to appropriate framework(s).
· Establish data flow mechanisms on standard tools including data collection, storage, analysis, interpretation and timely feedback to the intended stakeholders in collaboration with program staff.
· Assist in designing and implementing qualitative and quantitative assessments as appropriate.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
· Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
· Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
· Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
· Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
· Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
· Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external Partners and supporters
· Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
· Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
· Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
· Willing to take disciplined risks.
· Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Minimum of a diploma or bachelor degree in relevant fields with minimum of 1 year experience working with NGOs
- Organisation, management and negotiation skills
- Good communication skills
- Previous experience in humanitarian setting
- Prepared to work under pressure
- Honest and motivated
- Knowledge of the local context is a bonus
- experience with humanitarian organizations in the areas of agriculture, fishery and other livelihoods activities;
- experience working on cash, voucher or food distributions or other food security programming
- able to work with minimum level of supervision
- good English speaking and writing
Updated CV and application letter should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please fill the “subject” column of the e-mails in this format: <MO - ENR>
Closing date for application is 30 March 2016 or when the vacancy is filled
(Only short-listed candidates will be notified)