Founded in 1979, ACF International (Action Against Hunger) is an international non-governmental, non-religious, and non-profit making organization that delivers programmes in over 45 countries. Recognized worldwide as a leader in the fight against hunger, our mission is to save lives through the prevention, detection, and treatment of malnutrition, especially during and after emergency situations and conflicts. ACF had been now developed into ACF International network with headquarters in France, Spain, Canada, UK and USA.
ACF has been active in the NTT district since 2007 since its first established in 1999 in Indonesia in cooperation and partnership with the Ministry of Health, local authorities and stakeholders. Around 40 networks have benefited from a renovation, as have water sources and wells. In the Kupang District, ACF now implements a range of integrated community based programs in Nutrition and Care practices, Food Security, Water Sanitation & Hygiene, Emergency response and DRR/Climate Change Adaptation going from relief to recovery in order to address effectively the population’s needs.
Under the current activities of our WASH (Water Sanitation and Hygiene) program in Kupang District, East Nusa Tenggara Province, a key area to focus is to support the capacity building of local authorities, community, include local NGO to improve the capacity to replicate key activities on their own future. To actualize this, ACF is now seeking a good candidate to fill the position of “GOVERNMENT and COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT SUPERVISOR”, with the following:
Technical & Infrastructure Supervisor
Period of Contract
WASH Program Manager
Expected date of join
01 May 2016
Educational / Professional Background : Degree in hydraulics – experience in project management
Required Competence & Skills :
Project management capacity – Ability to analyse and synthesize – Capacity to supervise a team – Organizational qualities – Diplomacy – Good relations with people – Flexibility – Dynamism – 3 years experienced in Water and sanitation project-Ability to use AutoCad
General Objectives of the position :
Conduct the implementation of the project, be implicated in its elaboration, its impact analysis, its integration and sector coordination
Objective 1 : Organize and manage the project :
- Ensure implementation of the project cycle, project’s technical and financial follow-up
- Participate in validate the relevance of the intervention area,
- Ensure the project’s representation in terms of coordination with local government, local leader and local partner and the project’s integration in local structures
Objective 2 : Participate in implicating the beneficiary communities in the project :
- Coordinate activities and sensitise local partners in the field ;
- Identify and organize technical training needs in the community including the Water committee training
Objective 3 : Implement the project’s hydraulic activities and Technical supervision:
- Participate with the WASH Program Manager to the technical assessment, final choice of the target communities, preparation and design of the water supply infrastructures
- Ensure implementation of the activities defined by the WASH Program Manager ;
- Supervise the implementation by the ACF team and/or local NGO of the various activities in the field: GFS, RPS, spring rehabilitations, new hand dug well digging and construction..etc
- Provide all necessary technical and physical support to the ACF WASH Technical Officer, local NGO and community labours
- Make sure that all the security requirements are fulfilled on site
- Write activity reports.
Objective 4 : Manage the technical project team and Local Partner:
- Participate in the technical recruitment of the technical project team ;
- Supporting WASH PM on assessment of new project opportunity
- Elaborate the content of the training and organize it with ACF staff and local partner staff ;
- Organize the work of the ACF technical team
Objective 5 : Monitoring the 1st cycle project’s:
- Organize the work plan to follow up the 1st cycle project and make field visit every 2 months.
- Organize, create, follow up and implement the Water committee training and provided the basic maintenance tools for each facility.
- Equipped all the water point with proper drainage and soak pit with ACF standard (minimum 2 meters)
- Organize the community free participation
Please submit your letter of interest and recent CV with at least two references to :firstname.lastname@example.org before 22 April 2016
Please put the title on your application. Only short list cand id ates will be contacted.