Intern – J-PAL Southeast Asia
COUNTRY : Indonesia
START DATE : May 2, 2016
LENGTH OF COMMITMENT : 3 months
EDUCATION : Bachelor's
ORGANIZATION : J-PAL Southeast Asia at LPEM FEB UI
J-PAL Southeast Asia, based at the Institute for Economics and Social Research at the University of Indonesia (LPEM FEB UI), seeks qualified applicants for an internship position in J-PAL SEA. This position offers an opportunity to gain first-hand experience in project development, policy outreach and research implementation in an organization undertaking cutting-edge development research.
The Intern will work closely with the Policy and/or Research Team to support the development or execution of evaluations in a wide range of sectors: urban services, microfinance, maternal and child health and so on, depending on need. S/he may also provide support for various upcoming policy and training events.
The successful candidate will be placed at the J-PAL SEA office in the Universitas Indonesia campus in Salemba, Central Jakarta.
The Intern will perform a variety of tasks including, but not limited to:
· Conducting background research on social topics, including desk research, field observations, write-ups, interpretating and translations;
· Assisting in the preparation of materials for J-PAL’s evidence sharing work, including drafting summaries, briefs, memos, updates, presentations and translations;
· Assisting in organizing upcoming training, workshops and seminars;
· Assisting in the development and upkeep of publications; and
· Assisting in the management of contacts and project databases
Desired Qualifications and Experience
· A bachelor's degree (completed or in progress);
· Excellent management and organizational skills;
· Fluency and excellent communication skills in English and Indonesian;
· Flexible, self-motivating, able to manage multiple tasks efficiently, and a team player;
· Proficiency with MS Office applications;
· Proficiency with design software is a plus;
· Familiarity with randomized controlled trials is a plus;
· Interest in social and development issues;
· Willingness to work in the field.
Note on Work Authorization: You must have work authorization in Indonesia (either by being an Indonesian national or otherwise).
How to Apply
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 22, 2016 following these instructions exactly:
1. Use the following as the email subject line “J-PAL SEA Intern.”
2. Attach PDF copies of your CV, your certificate and academic transcripts (if already graduated), and a cover letter no longer than 500 words. The cover letter should discuss how you meet the aforementioned position requirements, emphasizing relevant skills and experience, as well as why you are interested in working with J-PAL SEA and how this experience will contribute to fulfilling their future academic and professional plans.
Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviews.