Finance & Admin Officer
Solidaridad, which is headquartered in Netherlands, is an innovative player in the Fair Trade movement and in the field of Corporate Social Responsibility. Building up fair-trade companies like AgroFair, Kuyichi and Fair&Co and the creation of and cooperation with certification models like Fair Trade, UTZ Certified and MADE-BY are some of the activities towards that aim.
Solidaridad is globally known for its specialization in sustainable chain Development. Together with producer organizations, NGOs and the business community we create initiatives for sustainable trade in which environmental and social costs for production become a normal part of mainstream business. For more information about Solidaridad – South & South East Asia, please visit the website: http://www.solidaridadnetwork.org/asia.
We are currently looking for Finance and Admin Officer (40 hours/week) to be based in Jakarta. The position is responsible for the Finance and Accounts functions where in the incumbent provides operational, administrative and programmatic support to the Organization. The concerned person is responsible for maintaining books of accounts and support in financial & programme functions of the organization and providing support in preparation of budgets; conducting financial analysis and preparing financial reports; managing the payroll system and maintaining accurate and current by-laws records. The position reports to the Country Manager of Indonesia.
- The main responsibility of the Finance & Admin Officer would include:
- Regular Accounting Services and Reporting
- Statutory Compliances and Corporate Affairs
- Administrative Procedural
A. Regular Accounting Services and Reporting
1. Management of Accounts and Finance Administration
- Regular update, periodical review and maintaining books of accounts.
- Prepare Fund transfer requests and cash flow management for the whole programme.
- Receive, review finance files from all regional offices and update them in the main system.
- Make timely payment to vendors and consultants and salaries to the staff.
- Monitor banking activities of the Organization.
- Ensure adequate cash flow to meet the Organization’s needs.
- Assist in the statutory audit and audit of financial report to donors and share a periodical report on audit observations and queries and action taken on them to Head Finance & Administration.
2. Financial Reporting
- Prepare periodical internal and external financial reports (monthly, quarterly, half yearly and year end procedures)
- Provide periodic finance MIS to the South and South East Asia office.
- Follow up timely receipt of financial reports from partners.
- Maintain spreadsheets showing spend against budget, monitor, analyze and present periodical control reports.
3. Internal controls
- Follow internal control and financial procedures.
- Ensure procurement as per the organizational policies.
- Monitoring periodic financial reports from the implementing organizations.
- Maintain the inventory of all fixed assets, including assets purchased with organizational funds assuring all are in accordance with procurement policies and laws of the land.
4. Responsible for contract funding database
- Assist in budgeting, reporting, monitoring and compliance checking for all donors.
- Providing support in managing control spread sheets of various donor budgets, partner linking and spending along with Programme Support officer.
- Generate necessary report in the prescribed formats for each donor as per the schedule.
- Maintaining and safe keep of all database and files related to contracts.
B. Statutory Compliances and Corporate Affairs
- Take care of compliances of RoC, Companies Act, Income Tax Act, EPF Act and other laws of the land.
- Providing support to the programme team and implementing partners and other stakeholders in the region on financial Management in accordance with the statutory requirements of the laws of the land.
C. Administrative Procedural
- Provide administrative needs of office staffs.
- Provide administrative and logistical needs during office organized activities (trainings/workshops/seminars/meetings).
- Monitor and control procurement and logistical needs for office and project activities according to administrative policies and procedure.
Key skills and Competencies:
a) The incumbent must have proficient knowledge in the following areas: generally accepted accounting principles, computerized accounting programs, preparation of financial statements, preparation of periodic financial reports, administration of employee benefits, payroll systems and reporting, office administration, understanding of relevant legislation, policies and procedures.
b) S/he should have:
- Good organizational awareness and understanding of the significance of financial information for management decisions.
- Better analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate both verbally and in writing, coupled with the professional credibility required to influence and motivate others.
- Proven experience of working in a multisite organization.
- Timely completion of all the activities/operations, for various function.
- Ability to deal with difficult situations and use judgment to solve problems.
- Knowledge and experience of information management systems and policies and/or legal and ethical compliances (e.g. FCRA) and/or administrative and infrastructure processes.
c) The candidate will have University degree in Commerce or similar education in Finance and accounting with 3-5 years of relevant experience. Experience in the Corporate and NGO sectors is necessary. S/he will have strong accounting knowledge and administrative skills and ability to manage and work with a small but diverse team.
Interested candidates please submit a comprehensive CV email@example.com citing “Finance & Admin Officer” on the subject line by 20 April 2016.