ISLAMIC RELIEF PURPOSE:
To promote sustainable economic and social development through development programmes, helping the needy regardless of race, religion or gender.
The IR programme in Indonesia was established in 2003 with one project office catering for development activities in Banten province. In 2004 IR expanded its coverage to include Aceh province targeting victims of the earthquake and the giant tsunami waves in the devastated Aceh province then in October 2009, IR expanded its coverage to include West Sumatra province also targeting victims of the earthquake and implementation of emergency disaster relief.
The main sectors for Indonesia Program disaster risk reduction, WASH, livelihood and orphan support. The geographical areas of operation are Aceh, NTB and West Sumatra provinces.
Cleaner (1 Position)
Post holder reports to : Admin and Logistic Officer
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Clean office building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming them
2. Ensuring the office building area is clean, maintain and set up and ready to use any time.
3. Service, clean, and supply restrooms
4. Gather and empty trash in the office by requested
5. Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, in order to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
6. Requisition supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
7. Set up, arrange, and remove decorations, tables, and chairs to create a convenience and comfortable situation.
8. Spray insecticides and fumigants to prevent insect and rodent infestation.
9. Clean and polish furniture and fixtures, windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
10. Strip, seal, finish, and polish floors.
11. Clean and restore building interiors damaged by fire, smoke, or water, using cleaning equipment.
12. Clean chimneys, flues, and connecting pipes, using power and hand tools.
13. Following another instruction from Line manager
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Work experience in a similar job
- Senior High school graduated is preferred.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills in bahasa Indonesia and cross-cultural environment
- Basic English will be an advantage
- Proven ability to be flexible in demanding situations
- Capacity to work under time pressure and sometimes extra hours
- High level of motivation
- Attention to detail and the ability to be systematic and organized
- Takes a proactive approach to handle the jobs
- Actively establishes and maintains high standards
- Ability to work independently with reasonable skills at prioritization
- Willingness to learn and accept guidance for personal improvement
- Commitment to Islamic Relief aims, beliefs and objectives
- Base on Nusa Tenggara Barat (NTB)
All Islamic Relief team members are expected to support all efforts towards accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field project
If you meet the above requirements kindly send ONLY your Application letter and detailed CV including recommendations from 3 referees (one of them your immediate former employer) to:email@example.com. Please put the job title and your name in subject of your email.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing date: 29 January 2015