Urban Agriculture Project Field Staff
Title: Urban Agriculture Project (UAP) Field Staff
Duty Station: Bekasi – West Java
Responsible to: Project Coordinator
Coordinates with: Program Officer
Duration: February, 2015 to January, 2016 (extension possible).
Closing date: 28 January, 2015
The UAP Field Staff roles are facilitating families and organizing women groups to have gardening program and to increase families’ nutrition intake. The role will be carried out through nutritious awareness and agriculture trainings, distributes IEC-leaflet and organize meetings at community and Posyandu level.
The objectives of UAP Project are to increase availability of nutritious food for families and to increase intake of vegetables and fish for families. The role involves a high degree of good communication skills to organize women groups, provide agriculture trainings and established good communication with government agencies. UAP project field staff is responsible to providing regular report to Project Manager and suggesting creative and innovative approaches to make the program effectively mobilize community’s resources and to ensure its sustainability.
· Appreciative, honest, trustworthy and has high integrity; be self-motivated to use innovation and creativity.
· Have good communication and interpersonal skills in order to maintain an acceptable working relationship with formal and informal villages’ leader
· Ability to establish and maintain working relations in a multi-cultural environment with sensitivity and respect for cultural diversity .
· Bachelor degree (S1) in Agriculture, Agronomist or able to demonstrate his or her understanding in agriculture. The capability to provide participatory training isan advantage
· Ability to work under pressure at times while maintaining high quality results and team player in community mobilizing process.
The UAP Field Staff will responsible to undertake agriculture trainings, focus group discussion on agriculture, community meetings and to organize women group for agriculture program. She or he will encourage support from community leaders and Posyandu and drafting village policy as needed.
The CO is required to undertake the following tasks:
1. Design monthly planning and implementing UAP based on the detailed implementation plan (DIP)
2. Provide trainings, organize meeting and assisting community women groups during planting vegetables and aquaphonic.
3. To establish village facilitator team and assisting the team in women agriculture learning process.
4. Proposing ways of improvement of methodology, strategy and technical matter that adjusted to local context and resources.
5. Preparing monthly reports as required to Project Manager.
All applications will be treated confidentially. Please submit your letter of application and detailed curriculum vitae (CV) in English NOT later than January 28, 2015 by email to:
Subject of the e-mail: UAP Field Staff
Important: CV file not exceeding 200 kb
Only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interviews. ADRA Indonesia gives an equal opportunity employment regardless of race, gender or religion