Swisscontact promotes economic, social and ecological development by supporting people to successfully integrate into local commercial life. Swisscontact creates opportunities for people to improve their living conditions as a result of their own efforts. The focus of its systemic intervention in the private sector is the strengthening of local and global value chains. Through its projects, Swisscontact works to enable access to professional training, promotes local entrepreneurship, creates access to local financial service providers and supports the efficient use of resources with the goal of successfully promoting employment and income generation.
Swisscontact is active in 29 countries and has some 750 employees. The organization is based in Zurich.
The SCPP project is a large Public Private Partnership (“PPP”) in Indonesia which was established in January 2012. The Project is financed by the Swiss Secretariat for Economic Affairs SECO, The Sustainable Trade Initiative IDH, the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, and five Private Sector Companies from the cocoa sector for the duration from 2012 – 2015. The Program works directly with 60,000 cocoa farming households in six Indonesian Provinces to improve farm productivity and livelihood conditions.
The Program works directly with local government agencies and departments to ensure alignment of Program activities with government strategies. Integration and involvement of Government extension workers as lead facilitators/trainers in the Program’s technology transfer and group development activities is one of the key success factors of the Program. The Program includes strong working relationships with the following local Government institutions:
- Ministry of Home Affairs (MoHA)
- Agency for Local Development Planning (BAPPEDA)
- Department of Estate Crops and Forestry (Disbun/Dishutbun)
- Department of Agricultural Extension and Human Resources Development (BPPSDMP)
- Department of Industry and Commerce (Disperindag)
- Department of Health (Dinkes)
- Agency for Local Development Planning (BAPPEDA) both in provincial and district level;
- Foreign Technical Cooperation Agency (KTLN-State Secretary);
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA);
- Department of Estate Crops and Forestry (Disbun/Dishutbun);
- Department of Agricultural Extension and Human Resources Development (BPPSDMP);
- Department of Industry and Commerce (Disperindag);
- Department of Health (Dinkes).
For our Sustainable Cocoa Production Program (SCPP) in Indonesia, we are looking for :
Government Relation Officer (GRO)
Begin of Employment : March 2015 or as agreed
Place of Duty : 1 person – Jakarta, Indonesia.
Task, Authority, and Responsibility
- Under the direction and supervision of the Sr. Support Services Manager, the Government
- Relations Officer will support all legislative and regulatory policy matters in a manner consistent with the Swisscontact’s goals and priorities;
- Develop policy positions on matters relevant to the mission of Swisscontact;
- Conduct budgetary and policy analysis of pending and prospective legislative and regulatory proposals to determine impact on organization;
- Facilitate the resolution of policy issues that arise relative to legislative, regulatory and organisation matters;
- Support and advance the Swisscontact’s government relations and advocacy agenda at the local government at Central, Provincial and District levels;
- Monitor any and all government legislation, regulations, industry trends and environmental changes that may impact the organization, priorities and goals of the Program and collaborate on the development of strategy to effectively influence outcomes on relevant matters;
- As requested, prepare memos, draft regulations and legislation, prepare public testimony and develop advocacy materials;
- As required, prepare follow-up materials to meetings and requests for data or analysis by governmental, legislative, industry and academic stakeholders;
- Foster ongoing relationships with appointed and elected officials and other external stakeholders. This shall include organizing/supporting educational events and meetings on topics that will increase public and stakeholder understanding of the organization.
- Work with the Public Relation and Media Manager and other members of the senior management to keep organization information and impacts are up to date;
- Work closely with the Swisscontact Country Director and Public Relations and Media Manager on all media inquiries, press releases, and collateral materials development.
- Perform other related functions as required
- Bachelor’s degree and relevant experience (a minimum of 5 years or more) with the
- Indonesian government and/or regulatory processes.
- Masters or Law degree is a plus.
- Must have excellent quantitative and analytic skills.
- Must possess a strong attention to detail and accuracy.Superior organizational and time management skills are critical.
- Must have exceptional written and oral communications skills.
- Must demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically
- A proven and demonstrated level of experience developing and successfully advancing policy initiatives required.
- Excellent Bahasa Indonesia and English
Please submit your application letter addressing the above qualifications and experience with your curriculum vitae on February 9th , 2015 at the latest to:
Swisscontact-SCPP, Human Resources Unit, The Vida Building, 5th floor, Jl. Raya Perjuangan No. 8, Kebon Jeruk – Jakarta Barat 11530 , Tél. +62 21 2951 0200 , E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interviews.