KOMPAK RECRUITMENT – Contracts and Grants Manager
KOMPAK (Governance for Growth) is a large and complex program that is uniquely placed to add value to the Government of Indonesia’s own efforts to improve the social and economics conditions of its citizens. The program comprises a corporate and operations support platform and three components that are designed to support economic growth and service delivery at the local level in Indonesia.
The KOMPAK Program is working together with a number of partner in the role of providing fund grants and technical assistant. The KOMPAK Program is currently seeking the following position:
Position : Contracts and Grants Manager
Location : Jakarta
Report to : Deputy Director
Duration : 6 months
Under the supervision of Deputy Director for Community Driven Development (CDD), the Grants & Contracts Manager has two major responsibilities: First, s/he oversees the financial and record-keeping side of the annual grant-making process for all grants received under CDD activities. Second, s/he works closely with program staff and CDD Director to ensure accurate financial reporting and procedural compliance on all grants.
· Work closely with Corporate Office Backbone (COB) team & CDD program staff to ensure an accurate, timely, efficient and transparent process for the entire grant life cycle, from proposal to close. This entails pre-award management, tracking payments, reviewing or producing relevant reports, monitoring and post-award management.
· Review grants award packets prior to notification of the award.
· Work with Program staff to develop and maintain all grant agreements and MOUs pertaining to grant awards.
· Provide on-going training to program and finance staff as it relates to grant administration and organizational policies
· Manage the due diligence process for each sub-grantee’s ability to comply with Managing Contractor (MC) regulations with a thorough review of all their financial and operational policies as well as evaluating each grantee against MC’s standard risk assessment.
· Design and execute sub-grantee monitoring processes, including conducting assessments and site visits, collecting and analyzing data, documenting results, and identifying and discussing implications.
· Proactively interpret and assess sub-grantee gaps, provide technical assistance as necessary and surface and address issues.
· Undertake all other duties as reasonably directed.lts focused
· Proven capacity to work collaboratively and effectively with civil society organizations;
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Fluent English and Indonesian
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Develop strong trusting relationships in order to gain support and achieve results
· Delivers Results
· Builds Internal and External Customer Satisfaction and Loyalty
· Develops People
· Sets Vision and Direction
· Demonstrates Sound Financial and Business-Related Practices
· Builds Teams and Cooperation
· Promotes Technical Excellence and Quality
· Promotes Diversity
· Acts as a Role Model
· University Degree in Accounting or Finance or Business Administration or related field.
- Demonstrated experience (minimum 5 years) in Financial and Accounting, legal services, contract development, procurement and contract management;
- Able to travel to fields
- Able to operate some accounting softwares
- Must have the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment.
- Must be flexible, willing to perform other duties and work irregular hours.
- Able to communicate fluently and effectively in Indonesian and English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and respect for colleagues.
- Must be capable of working both individually and as part of a team.
- Must also be able to create a supportive working relationship among all KOMPAK Partners.
Interested candidates and particularly women are invited to send their application with:
a) Cover Letter
b) Detailed Curriculum Vitae
c) Three referees (preferably former direct supervisors)
Applications including a cover letter and current CV should be sent in confidence firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, 5 February 2015 noting "Contracts and Grants Manager" in the subject line. While all applications will be read, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.