KOMPAK (Governance for Growth) is a large and complex program that is uniquely placed to add value to the Government of Indonesia’s own efforts to improve the social and economics conditions of its citizens. The program comprises a corporate and operations support platform and three components that are designed to support economic growth and service delivery at the local level in Indonesia.
The KOMPAK Program is working together with a number of partner in the role of providing fund grants and technical assistant. The KOMPAK Program is currently seeking the following position:
Position : Finance Manager
Location : Jakarta
Report to : Deputy Director
Duration : 6 months with possibility of extension
Reporting to the CDD – Deputy Director, the Finance Manager is responsible to providing high level financial and administrative services to the Component 1. This includes processing and monitoring payments and expenditures, banking, electronic payments and funds transfer, funds requests, taxation, internal audit support, financial policy development, payroll, facilitate month-end processes and oversight financial officers. Providing these services in an effective and efficient manner will ensure that project finances are accurate and up to date, that staff are paid in a timely and appropriate manner and that vendors and suppliers are paid within established time limits in accordance with the procedures and guidelines laid out in the Finance Program Manual.
· Monitor and interpret cash flows and predict future trends;
· Develop financial management mechanisms that minimize financial risk;
· Manage the financial accounting, monitoring and reporting systems;
· liaise with auditors to ensure annual monitoring is carried out;
· Develop external relationships with appropriate contacts, e.g. auditors, solicitors, bankers and statutory organizations such as DFAT and stakeholders.
· Produce accurate financial reports to specific deadlines;
· Manage budgets;
· Keep abreast of changes in financial regulations and legislation;
· Oversee all administrative and financial matters including advising KOMPAK partner facilitators to prepare field trip budget (travel and accommodation);
· Ensure all budgets and advances are approved by the Deputy Director prior to the travel and not double counted. Acquitting field trip advance in a timely manner;
· Ensure all payments of travel and accommodation are accompanied by Deputy Director/Director approved travel request form;
· Oversee per diem preparation, disburse in a timely manner, record and track Per diem outstanding and account for acquittals, accurate coding and ensure per diem policy is complied with;
· Prepare workshop participants per diem, airfare reimbursement;
· Ensure all claims are correctly claimed with complete actual receipt;
· Maintaining petty cash to include accurate recording and weekly reconciliation of all transactions, disbursements (such as vehicle claims, office supplies, etc.) and any deposits/refunds into petty cash;
· Maintain accounting software such as weekly data entry and system bookkeeping, booking all LES payroll net, tax and deductions, ensuring payments and receipt are correctly coded, reconciling all bank accounts and signed by Deputy Director, printing off monthly cash disbursements, cash receipts, and general journal done and signed by Deputy Director, reconciling all advances and payroll done by monthly and signed by Deputy Director;
· Prepare total monthly budget vs actual report – using latest work plan figures/plans due each month. Prepare monthly cash flow report updated each month;
· Update all financial records to reflect exchange rate variations;
· Undertake all other duties as reasonably directed.
· Delivers Results
· Builds Internal and External Customer Satisfaction and Loyalty
· Develops People
· Sets Vision and Direction
· Demonstrates Sound Financial and Business-Related Practices
· Builds Teams and Cooperation
· Promotes Technical Excellence and Quality
· Promotes Diversity
· Acts as a Role Model
· University Degree Accounting or Finance
· At least 5 years of experience in Financial and Accounting
· Able to travel to the filed
· Able to operate MYOB accounting software
· Must have the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment.
· Must be flexible, willing to perform other duties and work irregular hours.
· Able to communicate fluently and effectively in Indonesian and English.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and respect for colleagues.
· Must be capable of working both individually and as part of a team.
· Must also be able to create a supportive working relationship amongKOMPAK partners and team.
Interested candidates and particularly women are invited to send their application with:
a) Cover Letter
b) Detailed Curriculum Vitae
c) Three referees (preferably former direct supervisors)
Applications including a cover letter and current CV should be sent in confidence email@example.com by Thursday, 5 February 2015 noting "Finance Manager" in the subject line. While all applications will be read, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.