About our organization
The World Agroforestry Centre (also known as the International Centre for Research in Agroforestry or ICRAF) is an independent research institution which generates science-based knowledge about the complex role trees play in agricultural landscapes and rural livelihoods. As part of the Centre’s work to bring tree-based solutions to bear on poverty and environmental problems, researchers – working in close collaboration with partners – are developing new technologies, tools and policy recommendations for increased food security and ecosystem health.
The Centre’s headquarters are located in Nairobi, Kenya, and research is conducted in 34 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America. We are supported by the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR) and receive funding from over 50 different donors.
To learn more about our organization, please visit our website:www.worldagroforestry.org
About the position
Under the guidance and supervision of Administrative Officer, the Procurement & Administrative Assistant provides procurement services to the centre as well as secretarial supports to Admin Unit with emphasis on visa-permit-and-formalities, asset inventory and management including asset insurance and disposal, ensuring high quality and accuracy of work. The Procurement & Administrative Assistant promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach in the Unit.
The position works in close collaboration with the Management Services Unit, programme and projects staff to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery.
For a detailed Job Description please visithttp://worldagroforestry.org/regions/southeast_asia/careers
· Minimum D3 degree [SI(1] in Administration, Secretary, Management, Information Management, Communication or related discipline.
· Computer literate on Microsoft office specially excel and access. Knowledge on accounting integrated system like Sun System/ OCS is an advantage.
· Good knowledge of Communications (Bahasa and English)
· Good knowledge of negotiations
· Good understanding of time management
· Strong character, multitasking person and able to work under pressure
Terms of offer
The World Agroforestry Centre is an equal opportunity employer and offers a collegial and gender-sensitive working environment. We believe that staff diversity promotes excellence and strongly encourage applications from qualified women. This is anational position and will be for an initial period of 1 (one) year, renewable subject to3 (three) months probation period, assessment of performance, continued relevance of the position and availability of resources.
How to apply
Applications for the position must include:
- A cover letter illustrating your suitability for the position against the listed requirements and salary expectations
- Detail curriculum vitae, including names and addresses of three referees, including telephone, fax numbers and email addresses
All correspondence should be addressed to the Human Resources Unit, World Agroforestry Centre (ICRAF) Southeast Asia Regional Office via email: firstname.lastname@example.org and should indicate “Application for Procurement & Administrative Assistant” on their application letters and email submissions.
Applications will be considered until January 23, 2015 or until a suitable candidate is identified and selected. Please note that only short-listed applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted.