Swisscontact promotes economic, social and ecological development by supporting people to successfully integrate into local commercial life. Swisscontact creates opportunities for people to improve their living conditions as a result of their own efforts. The focus of its systemic intervention in the private sector is the strengthening of local and global value chains. Through its projects, Swisscontact works to enable access to professional training, promotes local entrepreneurship, creates access to local financial service providers and supports the efficient use of resources with the goal of successfully promoting employment and income generation.
Swisscontact is active in 29 countries and has some 750 employees. The organization is based in Zurich.
The Swisscontact project is a large Public Private Partnership (“PPP”) in Indonesia which was established in January 2012. The Project is financed by the Swiss Secretariat for Economic Affairs SECO, The Sustainable Trade Initiative IDH, the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, and five Private Sector Companies from the cocoa sector for the duration from 2012 – 2015. The Program works directly with 60,000 cocoa farming households in six Indonesian Provinces to improve farm productivity and livelihood conditions.
For our Sustainable Cocoa Production Program (SCPP) in Indonesia, we are looking for :
Public Relations and Media Assistant
Begin of Employment : February 2015 or as agreed
Place of Duty : 1 person – Jakarta, Indonesia
Assisting public relations and media officer to implement SCPP communication and marketing activities. The role of the Public Relations and Media Assistant is to convey the policies and interests of the program to the public through various forms of design and media.
Task, Authority, and Responsibility
Public Relations and Media Tasks:
- Overall, the PR and Media assistant works to support the PR and Media Officer to:
- Ensure corporate branding through design on various medias such as signboard, certificate, ID Card, business card etc,
- Design, develop and publish public relations materials and printed media campaigns such banners, posters, booklets, brochures, leaflets and other promotional materials for the program;
- Develop graphics and layouts for product illustrations, company logos, and websites;
- Determine size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy, and select style and size of type;
- Draw and print charts, graphs, illustrations, and other artwork, using computer;
- Choose, file, and organize photos from the program activities, to be used in the program promotion material and reports;
- Prepare visual presentation, and public talk for program management in cooperation with the Superior;
- Maintain company website up to date;
- Responsible for SCPP publication inventory;
- Manage relations with companies and individuals related to the implementation of the program’s public relations and marketing activities, such as printing companies, venue owners (for events/conferences), design consultants etc.;
- Support the superior to supervise implementation of public relations and marketing activities and ensure compliance with the standards expected by the program.
Communication, Supervision, and Reporting
- Reports directly to Public Relations and Media Officer
- Liaise with the program’s Government Relations Officer on all conference/event related issues;
- Liaise with program partner organizations, local government offices, and other stakeholders on matters related to public relations and the marketing of the program, including where appropriate, cooperation on joint events.
Duties applicable to all staff
- Actively work towards the achievement of the Program’s goals.
- Abide by and work in accordance with the Swisscontact’s code of conduct.
- Perform any other work related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the line manager.
Diploma Degree or Bachelor's degree in Graphics Design, Public Relations, Visual Communication or a related subject from an accredited academic institution.
- Expertise in Graphic Design and multimedia
- Capacity in photography and video taking
- Thinking creatively to produce new ideas and concepts;
- Keeping abreast of emerging technologies in new media, particularly design programs such as InDesign, Corel Draw, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, Director, Premier, Dreamweaver and Flash;
- Experience working in inter-cultural teams and environments.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality outputs on time.
- Good interpersonal skills and commitment to working in a team.
- Some experience in designing and developing public relations and marketing materials, fresh graduates are welcome to apply
- Experience in event and conference management for large government and/or multi-national events.
- Experience working in public relations for an international or non-profit organization
Other Specific Requirements
- Specialization in design software including Adobe Photoshop version 5 and above, Adobe Illustrator/InDesign and Microsoft Office 2010 (including Microsoft Publisher) is required. Detailed knowledge of CorelDraw X12 is preferred.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent spoken and written Bahasa Indonesia and intermediate English
Please submit your application letter addressing the above qualifications and experience with your curriculum vitae on January 25th, 2015 at the latest to:
Swisscontact-SCPP, Human Resources Unit, The Vida Building, 5th floor, Jl. Raya Perjuangan No. 8, Kebon Jeruk – Jakarta Barat 11530 , Tél. +62 21 2951 0200
Only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interviews.