SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation. Founded in the Netherlands 50 years ago, we have built a long-term, local presence in 39 of the poorest countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors works with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organisations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.
Our Commodities & Climate Change Program
Global deforestation is estimated to be the source of 20% of global greenhouse gas emissions with deforestation in Indonesia making it one of the top greenhouse gas emitting countries. Expansion of key commodities such as oil palm, rubber and shrimp aquacultures are identified as trigger to deforestation. A key challenge to reducing the extensive clearing and degradation of forest is how to balance the increasing demand cultural products and local energy whilst improving the livelihoods of local communities.
Our Commodities and Climate Change Program is supporting and adding value to existing initiatives by:
- Adopting a “Mountains to Mangroves” approach, focusing on entire watersheds and the poor communities, including their livelihood practices of oil palm, rubber, forestry, and shrimp aquaculture.
- Develop siting tool to help government, companies and investors guide agricultural expansion to reduce the impact on forests.
- Develop better management practice (BMP) module and training for key commodities to support small-holders farmers to produce more using less land, to improve income, to improve agricultural and environmental practices, as well as market linkages.
To support the program, SNV is currently seeking a highly qualified national candidate to fill in the position of Programme Assistant to be based in our Jakarta Office. The position will be part of the Commodities and Climate Change team.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Financial and Administration supports:
1) Record financial transactions in program ledger system.
2) Prepare and check monthly, quarterly and annual financial accounts, forecasts and project depletion for the program and submit to Finance officer.
3) Follow up on program related receipts and payments, reconcile bank balances and manage liquidity levels of the program, based on guidelines of the Finance Officer and financial procedures.
4) Support the recruitment and contracting of consultants
5) Prepare meeting agendas.
6) Arrange meetings and appointments.
7) Receive and answer phone calls and emails.
8) Draft correspondence.
9) Signal bottlenecks in planning and suggest solutions based on requests of team and agreed general support routines.
10) Coordinate with Management and Logistics Assistant to make travel arrangement for program members and travel delegations.
11) Manage car utilization of project vehicle/s, if any
12) Coordinate with Management and Logistics Assistant to arrange procurement for the program and other activities, based on SNV guidelines and the approval of the Program Manager.
13) Project monitoring and evaluation.
14) Process mutation forms, ensure time writing database is updated and record relevant data in databases as requested.
15) Proper filing of documents both hardcopies and softcopies.
• University degree
• Minimum 3 (three) years of relevant professional experiences, preferably in an International NGO
• Good analytical skills, numerical skills and quality orientated
• Good skills in project monitoring and evaluation, finance and administration with a positive hands on attitude
• Good organizing skills and interpersonal skills with a mature attitude
• Good interpersonal skills, ability to liaise with donors, partners and government official
• Fast learner, good initiative, flexible and adaptable to change
• Ability to work independently and with the team
• Fluency in English
• Knowledge in natural resources and climate change issues is an advantage
How to apply?
Please send application letter directly addressing the candidate profile and CV (in English) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 13 February 2015 with subject: “PA-CC”.
For more information on SNV please refer to our website: www.snvworld.org