Swisscontact promotes economic, social and ecological development by supporting people to successfully integrate into local commercial life. Swisscontact creates opportunities for people to improve their living conditions as a result of their own efforts. The focus of its systemic intervention in the private sector is the strengthening of local and global value chains. Through its projects, Swisscontact works to enable access to professional training, promotes local entrepreneurship, creates access to local financial service providers and supports the efficient use of resources with the goal of successfully promoting employment and income generation.
Swisscontact is active in 29 countries and has some 750 employees. The organization is based in Zurich.
The Swisscontact project is a large Public Private Partnership (“PPP”) in Indonesia which was established in January 2012. The Project is financed by the Swiss Secretariat for Economic Affairs SECO, The Sustainable Trade Initiative IDH, the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, and five Private Sector Companies from the cocoa sector for the duration from 2012 – 2015. The Program works directly with 60,000 cocoa farming households in six Indonesian Provinces to improve farm productivity and livelihood conditions.
For our Sustainable Cocoa Production Program (SCPP) in Indonesia, we are looking for a
Begin of Employment : February 2015 or as agreed
Place of Duty : 1 person – Padang Pariaman & 1 Person-Tanah Datar
Task, Authority, and Responsibility
- Socialize/introduce cocoa project intervention to community (cocoa farmers) in their working areas at sub-district level;
- Identify cocoa project area at village level in collaboration with government extension worker;
- Identification, training, and continual development of key farmers in their working area at sub-district/district level;
- Identify, organize and execute/manage day-to-day cocoa farmer training and demo plot in collaboration with Dishutbun extension worker and key farmers;
- Identify and develop cocoa farmer group in their working area and support for the empowerment and development of the groups;
- Promote, facilitate and develop internal control system for cocoa certification;
- Together with the Key Farmers establish and facilitate Smallholder Cocoa Enterprise (SCE);
- Train selected farmers to conduct a Farm Evaluation on aged and poorly producing plots and support them in the rehabilitation efforts;
- Conduct regular monitoring and collect data of Farmer Field School activities and the follow-up by cocoa farmers in their cocoa farm.
- Provide regularly weekly and monthly activity plan and reporting in weekly and monthly basis
- University degree, preferably with post graduate qualification
- Strong sense of responsibility and control
- Good interpersonal skills and commitment working in a team
- Skills in computer, software systems (windows, spreadsheet, word processing, e-mail, internet.)
- Presentation skills
- Minimum of three years experience in the relevant field
- Previous working with one of NGOs is an advantage.
- Experience of writing narrative and financial report.
- Experience of planning and managing budget.
- Experience of risk mapping & Capacity Assessment on a local level.
Please submit your application letter addressing the above qualifications and experience with your curriculum vitae on January 23rd, 2015 at the latest to:
Swisscontact-SCPP, Human Resources Unit, The Vida Building, 5th floor, Jl. Raya Perjuangan No. 8, Kebon Jeruk – Jakarta Barat 11530 , Tél. +62 21 2951 0200
Only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interviews.