Swisscontact promotes economic, social and ecological development by supporting people to successfully integrate into local commercial life. Swisscontact creates opportunities for people to improve their living conditions as a result of their own efforts. The focus of its systemic intervention in the private sector is the strengthening of local and global value chains. Through its projects, Swisscontact works to enable access to professional training, promotes local entrepreneurship, creates access to local financial service providers and supports the efficient use of resources with the goal of successfully promoting employment and income generation.
Swisscontact is active in 29 countries and has some 750 employees. The organization is based in Zurich.
The Swisscontact project is a large Public Private Partnership (“PPP”) in Indonesia which was established in January 2012. The Project is financed by the Swiss Secretariat for Economic Affairs SECO, The Sustainable Trade Initiative IDH, the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, and five Private Sector Companies from the cocoa sector for the duration from 2012 – 2015. The Program works directly with 60,000 cocoa farming households in six Indonesian Provinces to improve farm productivity and livelihood conditions.
For our Sustainable Cocoa Production Program (SCPP) in Indonesia, we are looking for :
Human Resources Officer-Payroll
Begin of Employment : February 2015 or as agreed
Place of Duty : 1 person – Jakarta, Indonesia
Supporting and Assisting the Human Resources of the SCPP Program.
Task, Authority, and Responsibility
- Prepare monthly payroll calculation including process of employee taxes (Pph 21), for all account which connected with tax article and also maintaining the final Pph 21 (yearly) for each employee;
- Preparing and maintaining the salary calculations update in HR MIS for each employee.
- Preparing and maintaining the Jamsostek monthly calculation for each employee in timely manner
- Preparing and calculating the final compensation for termination and resignation for employees;
- Provide and analyze current payroll, benefits and tax procedures in order to recommend and implement changes leading to best-practice HR operations.
- Ensure that the monthly salary is properly delivered on time for all employees.
- Preparing all Audit documents of payroll are in place and accordingly align with the regulations.
- Implementing a more sophisticated payroll and benefits system.
- Ensure systems are set-up and updated to reflect our current employee base, including wages and benefits in line with contracts.
- Manage regular preparation of relevant management reports, including weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports (gross payroll, hours worked, vacation accrual, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.).
Job specification of Payroll Officer
- Experience with the taxation of employees
- Experience as a certified payroll professional.
- Ability to use analysis to resolve complex accounting issues.
- Ability to work effectively with senior-level staff.
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skill.
- Ability to manage and lead staff to excellent performance.
- Must be a team player.
- Must be highly organize
Communication, Supervision, and Reporting
- Report to Human Resources and Administration Manager;
- Participate in various internal HR working groups relating to HR policy development, coordination and harmonization.
- Coordination with all related staff unit in term of employment and office operational.
- Liaison with local government offices on matters related to labour law, industrial relations and government regulation.
This job description can be adjusted according to the development and new requirements of the project upon agreement of both parties.
Duties applicable to all staff
- Actively work towards the achievement of the Program’s goals.
- Abide by and work in accordance with the Swisscontact’s code of conduct.
- Perform any other work related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the line manager.
Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or equivalent from an accredited academic institution, preferably in Law, Public Administration, Human Resources Management or a related discipline.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in human resources management, program management or a related area is required. Experience in policy development and implementation is required, including generalist and HR Administration experience (Payroll, recruitment, employee relations, compensation and benefits, training and development)
- Experience in change management, including development and implementation of communication strategies, or in Human Resources management preferably in an international, non-profit environment.
- Experience with extensive human resources support function in non profit organization
Other Specific Requirements
Strong proficiency in use of Microsoft Office applications
Good spoken and written Bahasa Indonesia and English
Please submit your application letter addressing the above qualifications and experience with your curriculum vitae on January 25th, 2015 at the latest to:
Swisscontact-SCPP, Human Resources Unit, The Vida Building, 5th floor, Jl. Raya Perjuangan No. 8, Kebon Jeruk – Jakarta Barat 11530 , Tél. +62 21 2951 0200
Only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interviews.