Chemonics International Inc.
Higher Education and Leadership Management Project (HELM)
Chemonics International Inc. seeks qualified Indonesian personnel for the USAID Higher Education Leadership and Management (HELM) project in Indonesia. Position is noted below the project background description.
The USAID/HELM project was awarded to Chemonics International on November 28, 2011. Chemonics implementsHELM with support from partners: the Indiana University Alliance; JBS International Inc., Aguirre Division; and the University of Kentucky (UKY). The five year project was designed to support Indonesia’s Higher Education (HE) sector in increasing its quality and relevance through improved focus on administration and management capacity. In partnership with the Ministry of Education and Culture (MoEC) and the Directorate General of Higher Education (DIKTI), HELM provides technical assistance, training, and additional support to strengthen the leadership capacityand increase effectiveness in the following four core management areas:
· General Administration and Leadership
· Financial Management
· Quality assurance
· Collaboration with external stakeholders
HELM works in close collaboration with DIKTI and, by Year 3, partners with 50 Indonesian Higher Education Institutions (HEI). The project is designed to address the USAID Education sub-intermediate result, “increasedmanagement capacity of Indonesian Higher Education Institutions” which contributes to the intermediate result “improved quality of higher education” under the over-arching assistance objective: “students better prepared for success in learning and work.”
TITLE: OPERATIONS OFFICER
- To provide assistance in the organization of meetings, managing schedule, providing logistics support, preparing the agenda and materials, and documentation requirements for meetings.
- To handle minute of meetings & reports and acting as interpreter and translator if needed.
- To assist the Operations Associate in providing day-to-day administration, including maintain partial HR files specifically in relation with health insurance files and accrual of annual leave and sick leave.
- To assist the Operations Associate in managing recruitment process, including advertisement, organizing interview.
- To assist the Operations Associate in managing COP residence monthly maintenance issues.
- To cover receptionist duties as required in the absence of Administrative Assistant.
- To work closely with the Administrative Assistant in providing logistics support in terms of stationery checking, working with contact person of provider to ensure all billings are correct prior to submission to Finance unit and performing other internal activities under the guidance of the Operations Associate.
- To supervise the work of the Driver of Jakarta Office, including managing project driver’s schedule, to perform review on car logs as required for completeness and compliance with regulations and to perform expenses verification to driver’s advances.
- To assist the Operations Associate in safety and security portal and to perform periodic checking on first aid in the office and car.
- To maintain hard copy of administrative files to ensure compliance with HELM operations documentation requirements and maintain electronic filing system as to follow Chemonics file index rules.
- To perform other tasks as assigned by the Operations Associate or his/her designee.
Supervision and Reporting:
The Operations Officer will report directly to the Operations Associate. He/She will prepare regular progress reports that demonstrate the status of assigned tasks and activities, as well as other reports as required.
Duration of Assignment:
This is a long-term, full-time position with an annual approved level of effort of no more than 260 days for each project year. The employment agreement will be renewed on an annual basis following a positive performance evaluation. The HELM project began on November 28, 2011 and ends on November 30, 2016.
1. Minimum Bachelor Degree in relevant field is required.
2. Minimum 5 years administrative, human resources, procurement experience required. USAID or other international donor experience preferred.
3. Experience in handling sensitive and confidentiality matter is a must.
4. Good analytical skills and attention to detail.
5. Proof of highly developed English communication skills both written and verbal required.
6. Ability to use Microsoft Office applications including MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
Application submission instructions:Interested applicants for this position are requested to send a cover letter and CV email@example.com no later than 10 September 2015 (COB). Please indicate “HELM Operations Officer” in the subject line. Only the strongest candidates will be contacted. No telephone inquiries.