Finance and Administration Officer
Locally Recruited Position
Special Service Contract - Fixed Term (1 year, renewable)
The International Development Law Organization (IDLO) enables governments and empowers people to reform laws and strengthen institutions to promote peace, justice,
sustainable development and economic opportunity. We contribute to creating stable and inclusive societies where every person can live free from fear and want, in dignity
and under the rule of law. To learn more about IDLO, please visit our website www.idlo.int or follow us on Twitter @IDLOnews.
Under the direct supervision of the Program Manager - Rule of Law Program Indonesia, and in close coordination with the Program Associate, the Finance & Administration
officer is responsible for the overall financial administration & reporting of the IDLO Rule of Law program Indonesia.
With delegated authority, the Finance & Administration officer will be responsible for the following main duties:
1. Financial management of core IDLO project expenditures:
· Monitor the implementation of program activities according to approve project documents, ensuring that appropriate control reporting structures are maintained in accordance with
IDLO Rules and Regulations and/or donor requirements;
· Act as focal point for financial issues relating to the program;
· With guidance from the HQ, set up overall accounting system for the Jakarta Office in line with IDLO procedures, including but not limited to processing invoices & payments, maintaining bank accounts and financial records, ensure timely reimbursement of travel expenses to IDLO staff members/experts;
· Ensure the timely preparation and submission of all financial information, reports and documentation to Headquarters, including monthly project financial forecast, year-end closing of books etc;
· Assist in preparing the annual budgets, assess financial plans & reports in coordination with Program Manager and relevant IDLO departments;
· Facilitate the work of external auditor;
· Administer and manage the logistics, communication and (where needed) contracts with various service providers, such as travel agents, hotels, office suppliers, etc;
2. Financial management of sub-projects funded under the Rule of Law Fund and executed by implementing partners:
· Act as the first point of contact for financial officers of Implementing Partners with regards to questions pertaining to sub-projects;
· Review, analyse and assist in the preparation of cost estimates and budget proposals related to the program;
· Conduct, in close coordination with Program Manager, organizational assessments and regular spot checks assessing risks and quality of implementing partners’ internal processes.
· Ensure, in close coordination with Program Manager, that program funds are made available when needed, and are disbursed properly in a timely fashion following IDLO procedures;
· Monitor expenditures, and advise Program Manager regularly whether expenditures are in accordance with the program document and/or existing program work plans;
· Ensure accounting records and supporting documents are properly kept and required financial reports are prepared, with appropriate analysis of expenditures and issues in disbursement;
· Ensure financial operations are transparent and comply with IDLO financial procedures/ regulations;
· Develop and implement, in close coordination with Program Manager, monitoring and evaluation (M&E) mechanism for the program’s financial activities; Ensure monitoring, evaluation and audits are undertaken as per IDLO standards & guidelines;
· Prepare program financial progress reports against set targets and indicators, with an analysis of evidence of progress towards budgets;
· Where needed provide coaching, guidance and feedback to implementing partners to ensure proper financial management of sub-projects;
- Keep the Program Manager updated regularly on developments and challenges in the financial reporting and implementation of the projects.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
· Undergraduate degree in business, finance, or related field is required.
· Professional accounting qualifications would be beneficial.
· Minimum of 5 years of experience in the field of accounting and financial management preferably within international organizations or private /public organization with donor funded programs;
· Experience working with complex, multi-partner projects highly desirable.
· Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia is required.
Specific knowledge, skills and competencies
- Significant experience with accounting system management; a relevant course successfully completed is an advantage.
· Knowledge of administrative procedures of an international development agency is an additional asset;
· Experience in working with an international/interdisciplinary team.
· Competency with financial data systems and spreadsheet processes;
· Ability to handle a large volume of work in an effective and timely manner;
· Proven ability to see through tasks set and deliver results;
· Proven ability to develop and foster productive working relationships across a globally based organization;
· Very good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Proficient use of other ICT software and internet software;
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
IDLO offers competitive compensation including annual leave and sick leave.
HOW TO APPLY
All interested applicants are encouraged to apply via our website www.idlo.int/jobsand submit the completed IDLO Personal History Form (PHF), resume and cover letter.
IDLO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in all areas of its operations. We welcome and encourage diverse applications.
DISCLAIMER AND CLOSING DATE
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the staff member assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.
IDLO reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities or even to cancel the recruitment to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Deadline for application: 09 September 2015.