Job Title : Program Officer
Location : East Jakarta
Division : Program
Date : A.S.A.P.
BACKGROUND TO THE ROLE
KARINA (Caritas Indonesia) is the humanitarian arm of the Bishops’ Conference of Indonesia based in Central Jakarta and officially considered as a member of the Caritas Internationalist confederation. Karina is established in 2006 with focus on disaster management issue which is translate into 4 programs, namely DRR, Diocesan Accompaniment, Partnership for Resiliency, and Capacity Building for Emergency Response. KARINA (Caritas Indonesia) acts as an animator, coordinating and facilitating body for all the 37 Dioceses incorporated under the Bishops’ Conference of Indonesia.
Emergency Response (ER) is the mandate of Karina. The Program officer will responsible for facilitation of Diocesan caritas to implement the role and function in ER Project. The facilitation rolw will cover technical assistance of ER , ER capacity building, manage emergency response team in the Karina network. He/She will manage the development program to strengthen the resilience of the target community.
The contract will be one year with the possibility for extension
Karina will offering the salary Rp . 4.000.000 – Rp 5.717.500 (bruto)
Under the direct supervision of KARINA’s Program Coordinator , He/She will play as a key role in coering all aspects related to the DRR Mainstreaming Project and DRR Contact and Network in order to support the successfull implementation of project.
1. Facilitate dioceses regarding Project activities.
2. Prepare materials necessary for Project activities.
3. Provides technical assistance for dioceses to support the implementation of follow up actions
4. Monitor budget for Project activities.
5. Prepare and review project agreements between KARINA and Dioce.ses for Project activities
6. Responsible to do project report writing.
7. Ready to deploy to emergency areas as a representative of KARINA.
8. Involve in coordination meetings wirh Diocesan Caritas.
9. As institution’s representative in any coordination forums in Indonesia.
10. Facilitate sharing of information, lessons learned, nad experiences for the staff and Diocesan Caritas institutions.
11. Undertake any other taks given by the his/his supervisor and executive Director of KARINA (Caritas Indonesia)
1. Deus Caritas Est., especially second part, about organized charity action.
2. Knowledge of Catholic Church Structure and working mechanism
3. Based on KARINA and CI guiding values and principles.
4. Working in a team, internally with program staffs ad working team from other institution.
5. Good planning and good implementation.
6. Participatory and communicative.
7. Efficient, accurate and supportive.
8. No corruption, accountable and responsible.
9. Transparent (have to appropriate with what had been spent and had been accepted, also show supportive evidence).
10. Write Back to Office Report (to be circulated internally by Communication Officer) after attending meetings/conferences/workshops/trainings/events/site visits to project location with project partners and/or donors.
· At least 3 year experience working with local partners on programmatic and organizational development.
· Experience in working within consortiums highly desirable
· Experience in organizational development highly desirable
· Skills in advisory support to partners, whilst managing partner accompaniment of projects project
· Excellent interpersonal skill and documentation skills
· Experience in strategic planning approaches – including, needs assessment and project design, logical framework development, selecting indicators, implementing monitoring plans, coordinating evaluations and data analysis
· Strong working knowledge of issues related to development and humanitarian programming especially for Emergency Response
· Problem-solving skills
· Result oriented
· Sensitivity to gender issues.
· Computer proficiency in general office software applications (i.e.Ms Office)
· Fluent in English and Bahasa Indonesia: written and oral.
Application, CV and contact details for 3 references (phone number and email address) should be submitted by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org at the latest 10 September 2015.