OPERATIONS OFFICER (CONTRACTS & PROCUREMENT)
HARD-WORKING, MOTIVATED, MULTILINGUAL TALENT WITH A PASSION FOR SOCIAL IMPACT? APPLY HERE.
Kopernik is an exciting, fast-growing, cutting-edge organisation tackling technology distribution challenges. We emphasise a hybrid philanthropy-business model in achieving our mission - different from the traditional charity approach of giving away goods and services for free.
Our team works tirelessly to put the last mile first. Our culture shapes the way we work. We value action, we get things done, we are open and transparent in everything we do, and we always look for ways to innovate. We come to work with a smile, which is easy when a strict no jerks policy applies.
We are currently looking for a talented and motivated Operations Officer (Contracts & Procurement) to work with our team on our micro-small enterprise (MSE) technology distribution network. Kopernik provides technologies on consignment to MSEs and provides a suite of training and support to help them succeed. MSEs are (mainly) female and male entrepreneurs that sell life-changing technologies, such as water filters, cookstoves and solar lights within their communities, earning a margin from each sale. Many of the locations where MSEs are based are remote with little or no access to telecommunications or internet.
The role is responsible for effective recording and reporting of procurement, shipping and warehouse activities across several islands in Indonesia and contract development. You will work closely with the Senior Operations Officer (Logistics); field and program staff to ensure inventory is managed and replenished on a timely basis. You will also manage other procurement activities required by program teams. This position covers the administration and finance aspects of procurement activities.
The position requires someone innovative with ability to multi-task in areas like contract management. inventory management, finance management and people management. You are willing to work with and learn new skills from a diverse team of professionals. The position offers potential for career growth.
- Relevant university degree (finance, logistics, business administration)
- At least 4 years work experience in accounting/inventory management
- Proven ability in finance and logistics software (QuickBooks preferred)
- Ability to perform to a high level under limited supervision
- Ability to work in an international and interdisciplinary environment
- Fluency in English
- Fully computer literate
- Indonesian national
- Responsible for organizing procurement activities for goods and services (including pre-award, award, and post award process), contract development, administration, co-ordination, monitoring and evaluating vendor & subcontractor performance and payment, recommend problem solving and reporting for Kopernik
- Responsible for the procurement of established or new products and office inventory
- Effective recording and reporting for all procurement and shipping
- Work closely with field and project teams to support procurement and office management in different locations
- Inventory data collection and analysis using SOS Inventory Add-On of Quickbooks
- Provide relevant data to field offices and project teams
- Confirm shipping and logistics to ensure order requirements are met with third party providers
- Manage relationships and maintain communication with related business partners (suppliers, shipping vendors, local partners, agents, and internal staff)
- Support Senior Operations Officer (Logistics) in developing SOPs
- Ensure logistics and procurement transactions filing is accurate and up to date
- Responsible for stockroom management practices at Ubud flagship store
- Monitor and track assets procured for various projects
- Other duties as required.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE SEPTEMBER 27TH 2015
Please send your CV, cover letter and one minute video explaining why you're perfect for the job via our online application form. www.kopernik.ngo/page/careers
Applicants who are interviewed successfully could be expected to complete a test to demonstrate the necessary skills.