Swisscontact promotes economic, social and ecological development by supporting people to successfully integrate into local commercial life. Swisscontact creates opportunities for people to improve their living conditions as a result of their own efforts. The focus of its systemic intervention in the private sector is the strengthening of local and global value chains. Through its projects, Swisscontact works to enable access to professional training, promotes local entrepreneurship, creates access to local financial service providers and supports the efficient use of resources with the goal of successfully promoting employment and income generation. Based in Zurich, Swisscontact is active in 27 countries and has some 800 employees. For our Sustainable Cocoa Production Program(SCPP) in Indonesia, we are looking for a:
Job Title : Field Facilitator
Job Code : FF-KLKT-SES
Place of duty : Kolaka Timur, South East Sulawesi
Number of position : 4 person
Begin of Employment : September 2015 or as agreed
Contract Duration : Annual basis, which can be extended upon agreement
SCPP is a large Public Private Partnership Development Program in Indonesia which has started in January 2012. The Program is financed by the Swiss Secretariat for Economic Affairs SECO, the Sustainable Trade Initiative IDH, the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, International Fund for Agricultural Developmen (IFAD), the Millenium Challenge Account Indonesia (MCA-I), and leading Private Companies from the cocoa sector including ADM Cocoa, BT Cocoa, Barry Callebaut, Cargill, Ecom, Mars, Mondeléz, and Nestlé. The Program works between 2012 – 2018 directly with 90,000 cocoa farming households in 29 within 6 Indonesian Provinces to improve farm productivity, environmental, and livelihood conditions.
Task, Authority, and Responsibility
· Socialize/introduce cocoa project intervention to community (cocoa farmers) in their working areas at sub-district level;
· Identify cocoa project area at village level in collaboration with government extension worker;
· Identify, train, and continue development of key farmers in their working areas at sub-district/district level;
· Identify, organize and manage day to day cocoa farmer trainings and demo plots in collaboration with Dishutbun extension worker and key farmers;
· Identify and develop cocoa farmer group in their working areas and support for the empowerment and development;
· Promote, facilitate and develop internal control system for cocoa certification;
· Work together with the Key Farmers in establishing and facilitate Cocoa Farmer Group and/or Smallholder Cocoa Enterprise (SCE);
· Train selected farmers to conduct a Farm Evaluation on aged and poorly producing plots and support them in the rehabilitation efforts;
· Conduct regular monitoring and collect data of Farmer Field School activities and follow-up of Farmer Field School training by cocoa farmers in their cocoa farms;
· Provide regularly weekly and monthly activity plan and reporting in weekly and monthly basis.
· Strong sense of responsibility and control;
· Good interpersonal skills and commitment working in a team;
· Skills in computer, software systems (windows, spreadsheet, word processing, e-mail, internet.);
· Presentation skills.
· University/bachelor/diploma degree majoring in Agriculture;
· Experience in the relevant field;
· Previous working with NGO is an advantage;
· Experience of planning an activity and managing its budget;
· Experience of risk mapping & Capacity Assessment on a local level.
Please submit your application letter addressing the above qualifications and experience with your curriculum vitae on September 11th, 2015, with a JOB CODE on Top Left of the Envelope at the latest to:
Swisscontact, Human Resources Unit, The Vida Building, 5th floor, Jl. Raya Perjuangan No. 8, Kebon Jeruk – Jakarta Barat 11530 , Tél. +62 21 2951 0200
Or E-mail your application with the JOB CODE: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interviews.