Industry: Non-profit/International Development
Function: Logistic Officer
Employer: Build Change Indonesia
Job Title: Logistic Officer
Job Location: Padang, West Sumatera - Indonesia
Start Date: Immediate
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Founded in 2004, Build Change (www.buildchange.org) is a non‐profit social enterprise whose mission is to save lives in earthquakes and hurricanes. Build Change designs safe buildings, trains homeowners, builders, engineers and government officials to build them, works with governments to develop and implement building standards, partners with the private sector to improve building materials quality and create jobs, and facilitates access to incentive-based capital for reconstruction and retrofitting by partnering with financing institutions and government subsidy programs. Build Change started its work in Aceh, Indonesia, after the 2004 earthquake and tsunami, and since has expanded to include programs in China, Haiti, Colombia and the Philippines. Build Change has trained more than 20,000 people on earthquake-resistant design and construction techniques, and has provided technical assistance for more than 40,000 safer homes, impacting an estimated 200,000 people.
Build Change and its Founder and CEO, Dr. Elizabeth Hausler Strand, have received numerous awards including most recently the 2013 Structural Engineer’s Association of California Award of Excellence in the Research/Guidelines category, 2011 Schwab Foundation US Social Entrepreneur of the Year, and 2011 Lemelson-MIT Award for Sustainability. Build Change has won grants from Echoing Green, Draper Richards Foundation, Mulago Foundation and Ashoka-Lemelson. and was named a 2008 Laureate in the Equality Category for Technology. Benefiting Humanity by the San Jose Tech Museum of Innovation Tech Awards. Build Change has been published or featured in numerous media outlets and journals including Rappler, The New York Times, Huffington Post, NPR, BBC, ABC News, Fast Company and Innovations journal. Upon request from USAID, Build Change has written three primers, on post-disaster housing new construction, retrofitting and site hazard mitigation.
- Manage the movement/ opening of new offices/houses
- Implement Build Change’s procurement system
- Create and update Assets Inventory
- Prepare and file contracts for houses/offices
- Take care of the office appliances and equipment troubleshooting
- Prepare, update, and file forms for office operations
- Manage vehicles and drivers, including coordinating schedules and implement Build Change’s vehicle manual
- Establish secure and appropriate warehousing and the correct storage of the materials, both in the emergency response programme base and in the field.
- Establish and ensure the maintenance of stock record systems and procedures for stock movements.
- Manage Purchase database
- Willing to travel to other Build Change Indonesia work area
- S1 degree in civil engineering, architecture, accounting, administration, or finance
- At least 3 years experience in operation management, logistics and administration of non-profit organizations
- Attention to detail and quality control
- Strong understanding of humanitarian principles and development ethics
- Proficiency with Excel, Word and other Office applications
- Spoken and written English
- Preference given to national candidates with authorization to work in Indonesia
- No ego, drama, or pessimism; the successful candidate will be flexible, humble, patient, and have a good sense of humor.
Please send your CV and latest photo with position applied on the email subject to: email@example.com as possible but no later than 09 October 2015. This vacancy will be opened until the position is filled. (Only short-listed candidates will be notified).
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Logistic Officer - Indonesia
For the position of Logistic Officer, Build Change Indonesia is seeking an experienced, outgoing, loyal and honest individual to support our Program in Padang, West Sumatera. The successful candidate should have experience working with Logistic arrangement.
This position reports to Indonesia Operations Manager.
- Obtain quotations prior to purchasing
- Manages software; antivirus, server/computer operating systems, applications in accordance with the Build Change Indonesia procedures
- Keep track of the items ordered
- Find new houses for office/or staff housing
We look forward to hearing from those who are interested in taking this opportunity to grow and develop with us.